Crossing the Blues

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Not so Little Secret :)

For my friends and beauty blogger pals who bother to check in on my blog, thanks for your patience and for your words of encouragement.

 

I intend to keep on blogging but I feel a need to explain my not so deliberate absence from the blogging world.

 

Sometime early December 2009, I was getting sick quite a bit.  I was down with the nasty flu bug for 2 weeks and basically, my nose was a choked pipe.

 

Then, I started sleeping way more than usual.  I was on the bed napping away at any given chance and at any hour of the day. It became very hard for me to  concentrate whilst driving, especially for long distances. I would get a little panicky and a little tired and my concentration was a mess.

 

Thankfully, I have a great dad who gave me quite a lot of time off work but the additional rest seemed to make me crave for even more rest. I also noticed that I would be panting more than usual after walking a little and it was a really strange time for me and my body. I was wondering if there was something  wrong with me health wise, so I went to the doctor and was given a clean bill of health but these strange symptoms continued to linger, and than my hubby finally said to me:

 

“ take a test lane”

 

OK. My life has pretty much been turned upside down since the second red line appeared and since then I have been to the baby doctor a few times and I wanted to make sure everything  was okay and get through this first trimester before I let others know. Moreover I was having unexplained bleeding that was extremely worrisome and if this kinda thing makes you squeamish, don't read it ! :)

 

Another very honest and funny reason for my lack  of blog entries is due to my very sudden and unexplainable aversion to makeup.

 

I have a shelve full of makeup and ever since  my pregnancy symptoms came to full swing, I have not once been able to look at it without feeling queasy. Looking and touching any makeup makes me nauseated. Even watching makeup related you tube videos make me feel queasy. The only videos I find myself loving lately are comedic ones – Jonanthan Ross, Craig Ferguson and Will Ferrell Show where he re-lives Bush Presidency.

 

I spoke with my sister in law and found that she had the same symptom when she had her baby. Being uninterested in makeup is the strangest aversion and I’m pretty much waiting for it to go away.

My sister in law took it a step further and could only use facial wash during her pregnancy and no other skin care products. As for me, I’m still pretty diligent about my facial routine (I’ve checked and put aside all products containing any Vit A).

 

My face has been pretty much a naked canvas ( I haven’t been looking great at all)  and I’ve cancelled all dermatologist appointments cause I’m saving it for after the baby is born. I feel it’s healthier and safer.

 

My life has changed very drastically because all I lust for nowadays  is tasty, yummilicious food and alot of sleep. Being an expectant mommy is the strangest, most worrisome and  uncomfortable ( back ache) time in my life. I can’t explain the nausea or the constant waking in the middle in the night due to a very compressed bladder. I haven’t had serious morning sickness yet and I’m very grateful cause I’ve only vomited twice in my life and can’t really take it !!  I get really queasy every 2.5 hours and have gained around 3.5 kg in my first trimester. hahaha…Needless to say my panties don’t fit anymore.

 

My baby is due sometime in August 2010 and I still feel like this whole thing is a little surreal. I love this little baby growing inside of me and can’t wait to see him\her !!

 

* my hubby is guessing it’s a boy due to the aversion to makeup!!

 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

Lately, I’ve been listening to the super talented and amazing Robyn and I love love love her voice**

ROBYN – Bum Like you

 

 

ROBYN – Be Mine *The most gorgeous song in the world*

 

image