Crossing the Blues

Monday, January 10, 2011

Review : Maybelline Hyper Diamonds BR 1

DSC_0040

What took me so long to get this palette?

Honestly I’ve not been a big fan of Maybelline in 2010 because the mascaras they released in Singapore have been so la la and their eye shadow quads have been bland. I’ve been pretty turned off by the fact that I got one Maybelline palette previously and the packaging was cheap, light and flimsy and the pigmentation was poor.

I happened to be shopping a few weeks ago for my son’s nappy rash cream and I couldn’t just walk past the beauty section right?! so I stopped by Maybelline to take a few swipes of the Hyper diamond palette ( it looked like a japanese eye shadow palette) and I was totally wowed by this palette that reminded me of Kate palettes. Just look at the swatch I did.

DSC_0047

I noticed that Maybelline made this palette feel a little more “ Japanese ” which I don’t really get. They made it look diamond cut in the packaging and put in gradation colors that would blend well with one another. The shadows are sparkly and a certain amount of fall out is expected when using this. If you have something against significant fallout on your cheeks, than apply foundation or powder last.

Colors blend well and are smooth. The gold color is more of a sparkly type eye shadow ( a topcoat so they call it ) and I would caution against using it without a sticky base. Other than a good base to prevent too much fall out, I truly love the colors in BR1Smile

DSC_0042

This palette gets a thumbs up from me!

DSC_0032

DSC_0036

DSC_0037DSC_0038

That’s all for this Maybelline Hyper Diamond Shadow. It’s worth picking up a few more colors ~~

image

image