Crossing the Blues

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Quick Skincare Tip – Baking Soda Exfoliant

 

DSC_0051

 

Baking Soda is the best household product. I use it in my cupboards( to remove extra humidity), to clean surfaces and to wash the stove. Well, not to anyone's surprise, it works on skin too!

I used baking soda for my skin in the past and it broke me out a little and I realized  the reason was because I used it raw on my skin. Recently, I’ve had to be more frugal with spending because my son devours pampers for a living and I remembered reading articles on the wonders of baking soda for problem skin. So, I decided to use an equal portion of baking soda and SKII facial wash twice a week and my skin feel felt smooth and experienced no breakouts Smile

DSC_0052

It’s such an affordable and easy skincare tip ~ Equal parts baking soda and whatever facial cleanser you use. If you have sensitive skin, start with lower amounts of baking soda. Your skin will feel silky smooth and glow due to the gentle abrasive nature of baking soda. It’s great for your wallet too.

** Great for exfoliating away flaky skin! Enjoy! image

image