Crossing the Blues

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bourjois 1001 Cils/Lashes Black Quartz Review

 

IMG_1567

I have a mad obsession with finding the best drugstore mascara out there. I don’t believe in spending a lot of money on high end mascaras because they are meant to be thrown away after a few months and it’s absolute heartache to toss out branded mascaras Sad smile But, I do want to try Lancôme , YSL and Givenchy mascara one day..

I prefer drugstore mascaras because it doesn’t hurt when I throw it away.So, I love bourjois eye shadows and thought I might give their mascaras a try and picked up the Bourjois 1001 Cils/Lashes Black Quartz sometime in December 2010.

IMG_1568

Here’s the wand. I like the size of it. It’s not too big that it smudges my eye lids and small enough to get my tiny lashes.

IMG_1572

The color is a nice rich black which I find very flattering and the formula is not too wet or dry. I find this to be a decent mascara that lengthens a little and thickens a little and holds a curl pretty decently. Also, it separates well. This mascara is pretty decent but I paid around 24 SGD if I am not mistaken.

Downside about this mascara is that it’s not waterproof and if water gets on your face, you will have black streaks on your cheeks for sure. I  am okay with the fact that this mascara isn’t waterproof only because it is super easy to remove. All I do is go in the shower with a tiny bit of cleansing oil and it basically dissolves away…

A good all rounder mascara overall but I am not sure if I will repurchase because there are so many other mascaras to try!

Untitled-1 copy