Crossing the Blues

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blovet Beauty Skincare Routine January 2011

 

Thanks for your sweet comments in my previous update entry. U guys are so sweet!!

Ok. My boys are sleeping which is a rare rare thing and I finally have quiet time to myself! I never valued free time as much as I do now! hee hee.

Yes, I’ve been receiving emails and comments on my skin and what I’ve been using blah blah but so you know, I’m not 100% happy with my skin. I tend to scrutinize it too much and find flaws that I don’t like. However, I am very very relieved and happy that I have found and stuck to a skincare routine that does not-

a) break me out

b) clog my pores

c) dull my skin

You would think I have a million products but really my current skincare routine is simple and easy. I’ve tried countless high end to drugstore products but these are the few that work.

IMG_0414

NIGHT SKINCARE ROUTINE

(V. very important as skin is recovering and healing from 11pm onwards )

Step 1:

I use olive oil + makeup remover to rid my face of all makeup first. Taking a little bit of SKII and Baking Soda, I wash my face thoroughly.

Step 2:

I apply my Glycolic Cream. This is the best glycolic cream I have used. I have been using this for 2 plus years and it still works so damn well. I’ve tried glycolic creams from other brands but none matched up. It kills pimples and evens out skin tone very well. I’ve had some orders for this cream but it’s not cheap so I might start selling sample sizes on blovetbabee so you guys can give it a try too. Seriously I would die without this cream.

Step 3 ( I do not do this step every night):

Dr Secrets Skin Light. Next best lightening product to my glycolic cream. When I had acne, I had to mix this product with a moisturizing cream. Using it straight would aggravate my acne but when I mixed it with a moisturizer, it soothed and healed blemishes. Now that my acne is under control, I use this straight. My skin is accustomed to it and it helps maintain fair and glowing skin. However, I sometimes use it twice every week if I feel like my skin isn't too dull or tired looking

DAY SKINCARE ROUTINE

Step 1:

Use SKII cleanser

Step 2:

I apply SPECTRABAN Sunblock or Dr Secrets Sunblock ( gives a foundation like effect)

** Spectraban is an excellent sunblock in my opinion but it does not give that glow like Dr Secrets. It also has a strong smell that turned me off totally during my pregnancy. I am not sure how others take to it but its one sunblock that doesn’t clog my pores at all. All other sunblock brands I’ve tried have clogged or caused breakouts. I have super sensitive skin.

Spectraban SPF 60
- non greasy & hypoallergenic ( it does look greasy on me!)

- Perfume Free ( very impt for sensitive skin)

- Vit E

-Water resistent

I do not ever use foundation or powder. I only use concealor where needed. Foundations and powder have always clogged my skin up.

Extra Tips for Clear Skin

+Try to go for a weekend without any foundation, powder or concealor. Skin needs to breathe

+Try to get some time in the day to relax. Stress always brings on pimples for me.

+Hydrate

+Never skip sunblock in the day. It’s like reversing the lightening effects of the night before.

+DON’T TOUCH YOUR SKIN. My mom taught my at a young age to burst my pimples. MY GAWD that left me with tiny scars. I love my mom but that’s the worse advice EVER. Touching your skin makes it worse. Just leave it alone. Really.

+ OK. I have gone through pregnancy and during that time I rarely got a pimple. I could use soap to wash my face ( *gasp*) and not have to use much glycolic and my skin would be a okay. I am convinced hormones are the culprit for breakouts- occasional or serious. It’s a vicious cycle.

Stress-> body & mind feels stress- >messes with hormones – >pimples.

You may think you aren’t stress but hidden stress is also a trigger for fluctuating hormones.That’s why people like to say that you get less breakouts as you grow older. They assume that people hormones stabilize but that cant be further from the truth.

I love helping people achieve beautiful skin.l always have and I hope this article helped. I’m also on a lifelong quest for beautiful skin !

Love,

BlovetBeauty

My giveaway is ending tonight. Quick join before its too late!!