Crossing the Blues

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grumpy Girl Product Review

Update:
I  love the body lotion very much and just recently hauled again from Grumpy Girl! This time round, delivery was much quicker and the overall purchase experience was good. Their scents continue to wow me and I've learnt that with the body sprays, being a little more generous and spraying it onto clothes will make it last mucchhh longer. I'm a big fan of their lil squirts spray as it's super strong and am very glad to have repurchased!


I’ve been a dry oil spray and sugar scrub fanatic ever since getting pregnant and I’ve tried quite a few etsy sellers but the one I keep returning to happens to be Mad City Sue. For those of you who have tried and bought her products online, you would probably have experienced excellent customer service, fantastic products and a very pleasant and fast purchase & delivery. As such I do benchmark  bath and body products I purchase with MCS.
IMG_2221
I was thinking of trying Grumpy Girl Body Sprays quite some time ago and managed to make an order in sometime late November 2010. Well, the product reached me on the 1st January 201. OMG, I was pretty mortified by how long it took to reach me. Not wowed by the customer service or the lo0ng time it took me to get this product, I was really skeptical that the products would be up to MCS standards. With MCS, she ships out super quick and I get my products within 2 weeks always.
Body Sprays:
I bought three scents. Hollywood sex kitten, Fierce and Booty Call. Fierce is suppose to be a dupe for lush Honey I Washed the Kids and Hollywood sex kitten smells like lush olive branch.
What I love about Body Sprays:
Great packaging. Absolutely the best body spray packaging for the price you pay.Look at the nozzle cap. Open the cap when you want to use it and close it when you are done. Nothing messy here! Only issue I can see is that if you want to bring it around in your bag, this 4 oz bottle is a little bit on the heavier side.Otherwise, packaging is very good.
IMG_2222IMG_2224
Scent wise, I am crazily in love with Hollywood sex kitten & Fierce. Booty Call really stinks to me. I couldn’t use it at all! Grumpy girl scents are nothing like the brand image. The brand image is quirky and fun but these scents are sophisticated, light and very unique. It smells like a perfume and dry oil mixture to be honest.
Only issue I have is that the body sprays don’t last long. The alcohol base seems to be making the smell evaporate quicker than expected. At first spritz, the smell is strong and gorgeous and after half an hour to an hour, its totally gone!!!!
I love the sophisticated, unique, floral based scents but the lasting power is not up to standard with Mad City Sue body oil/moisturizing sprays.
I  would buy truckloads of body sprays, if only it were lasting.
Goats Milk, Shea Butter and Honey Body Lotion:
I got Crème De La Crème. This foody smell is so so awesome. Love it! Scent last an hour on me max and this moisturizer is not oily at all! I love the consistency  and texture. This is suited for individuals with either oilier skin types or those who desire a light body moisturizer.
Worth buying!
IMG_2223
Solid Perfume:
I have not seen a cuter solid perfume. They don’t melt when it gets warm and the packaging is small but sturdy. Absolutely ADORABLE. Scent is strong when first applied and last well into the first hour but gradually fades off. I to chuck this in my makeup bag and bring it out as it’s small and easy to reapply. Toffee Crunch smells so sweet and toffee like while metro man latte smells like chocolate. This is CUTE!!
IMG_2225
Overall thoughts on grumpy girl :
Not crazy about shipping time and service but I love the unique scents that really smell so dang good. Packaging is lovely and very adorable. I can see myself overlooking the lengthy waiting time and repurchasing only if the scents last longer. Have u tried grumpy girl stuff!
------- Good News, I’ll be selling a slightly wider eyelid tape that works wonders for those with thicker hidden lids or monolids who need more of a lift! I’ll be blogging about it very very soon! -------- makes double eyelid moree obvious! Yippie~
IMG_2320
Toodles sweeties! Have a great mid week!
image
image