Crossing the Blues

Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick Skincare Tip– Avocado Eye Mask

 

IMG_1395

I’ve never been a big avocado eater up till now because I always had a misconception that it was a fatty fruit! I would squirm at the sight of friends having an avocado smoothie but I always noticed that those who loved this fruit had good skin.

“Creamy rich avocado is considered the world's healthiest fruit, because of its nutrient contents such as vitamin K, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and reasonable calories in it.”

I’ll drink or eat pretty much anything ( except bugs or rodents Disappointed smile) if it helps my skin and recently I been consuming more avocado for breakfast. I cant say I love it 100% but I’ve grown pretty used to the taste and if it gives me great skin, I’m happy!

I’ve even been feeding my baby boy some mashed avocado in his plain brown rice cereal and I use the leftovers as an eye mask. I love this simple skin care trick because the mask is as fresh as it gets and I don’t have to waste food. Just slather around eye area,concentrating the green goodness especially around pesky lines. I like the plumping effect it leaves after a good 20 minutes. The skin at my eye area feels rejuvenated and moisturized after washing off the mashed avocado. Apparently, It is suppose to help relieve eye fatigue too – great if you’ve been starring at the computer screen for hours.

I just enjoy looking like a green eyed monster in the privacy of my home & it’s so idoit proof ~ Try It!

Love, BlovetBeauty