Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ulzzang Kwon Su Jeong Inspired Look

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my lack of updates. My boy has been going through really bad teething pains and I’m pooped from going back to work.It’s been tough juggling family, housework,real work Confused smile and everything else.

I’ve only worn makeup on days when I’m working and even then it’s just brows, mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss - Just so I don’t scare the customers away.

Oh well, I was surfing through some Korean forums and I stumbled across Ulzzang Kwon Su Jeong and she’s mad gorgeous.

image

To side track a little, I’ve actually had an epiphany about Korean and Japanese beauty styles. Men love Korean style makeup and women tend to be awed by Japanese style makeup. Men seem to love the natural beauty that Korean women seemingly possess and women are intrigued by the transformational abilities of Japanese style makeup. Hence, I’ve been wearing more Korean style makeup ( simple eyeliner and thick brows with natural lips) when I go out with my hubby and more Japanese orientated looks when I meet my girlfriends. My hubby finds my Japanese makeup looks “fake”, whereas my girlfriends love it… ahh…. I might be over generalizing but do share your thoughts on this little Korean VS Japanese Beauty ! hehe

image

Back to the topic at hand.. ahh.. Ulzzang Kwon Su Jeong

She doesn’t have the thick bushy Korean trademark brows so I had to follow her strangely angled brows a little more ( doesn’t really work for me but I think she looks good with it!). I only applied a little soft brown matte eyeshadow and blended very well.Then I used short false eyelashes to create natural curled lashes and used brown eyeliner to create the illusion of a longer eye shape( this part is a little hard to describe but I am thinking of doing a tutorial to explain this method). Then, I had to contour my nose with the same soft brown eyeshadow and highlight with an off white sparkly eyeshadow.

Untitled 166

Untitled 153

Untitled 157

Pardon the crazy hair! Good night Sweeties!

xoxo,

BlovetBeauty