Crossing the Blues

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hits & Misses Jan & Feb 2011

I’ve been trying some new products and decided to give the low down on what I loved and what I could have saved my moolah on.

HITS:

1) Nature Republic Aloe Vera 90%

This aloe vera based gel is easily absorbed by my skin and I love the light fragrance. It makes my skin feel hydrated and I like that it comes in a big tub for only 13 plus SGD. Totally worth it!

IMG_1074

2) Etude House Light Cleansing Oil

This oil based cleansing oil is as good as Sana Cleansing Oil and the packaging is so sweet and pretty. I like the fact that even stubborn mascara and smokey eyes melt away with this powerful cleanser.

IMG_1058

3) Nature Republic Gel Liner

I’m doing a review for this super easy to use liner. Beats Loreal, maybelline and a few Japanese brand Gel liners I’ve tried. Red heart

4) MAC Lip Glass Culture Clash & DazzleGlass Crème Soft Dazzle

I love wearing these 2 together. The sheer pink of culture clash is complemented perfectly with soft dazzle peachy golden shimmer.

IMG_1139

5) Barbie Brown Pencil Eyeliner

The best brown pencil eyeliner I’ve used. It does not smudge once it sets and the staying power is excellent. It feels waxy smooth once it has dried and the brown color is perfect for eyes. Truly a keeper.

IMG_1141

MISSES:

1) Cyber Colors Cleansing Oil

This is Sasa house brand and I hate it. It’s a rose and chamomile cleansing oil which doesn’t remove makeup cleanly and irritates my eye. It leaves an oily film which is nasty! Don’t waste your money on cyber color productsSmile with tongue out

2) The second product you see in this picture is THE BALM Mineral Eyeshadow. I tested this out at Sasa and it looked good on the back of my hand but on my skin, the colors is flat and the staying power is very short.

 IMG_1080

3) Etude House Baking Powder Deep Cleansing Foam

This cleanser feels like any cleanser and it isn’t even that scrubby. Pure baking powder from my kitchen cabinet mixed with facial wash works so much better.

IMG_1092

That’s all for now! I need a hair trim and here’s 2 super casual outfits I wore last week. I need to get more color into my wardrobe!

IMG_1089IMG_1077

How was your valentine’s day? I hope it went really well!

Love, BlovetBeauty