Crossing the Blues

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

GEO Blue Nudy Series Review


IMG_0570
I am no contact lens expert but I have been wearing colored lens since I was 18 and I can still remember the colors I had and how irritating they felt !!
Times have changed and I love the wide variety of colored lenses now. I especially love my Maxi lens because they are super comfortable and the colors are vibrant. I can wear them all day and they still feel comfy and not overly irritating. Since I accidentally washed one of the last few pairs down the sink, I quickly opened two of the 10 GEO & EOS lenses I purchased recently.
The first pair I tried on were the GEO Super Nudy Series in Grey and my eyes were so irritated and red. It must have been because it was so damn large, 14.8mm and the edges felt like they were cutting my eyes !!! Thankfully, the Geo blue nudy I have on are 14mm in diameter and it was way more comfortable. My eyes felt like they were suffocating with the super nudy series Sad smile
So, here are some pictures in different lighting:
Indoor + yellow light:
IMG_0535
Indoor + Flash:IMG_0551
Natural light:
IMG_0559
Anyhow, I find the GEO Blue Nudy very natural in person. A little too natural and dark for my taste. I have to admit that it does look better in picture then in real life.
In terms of enlargement, despite the smaller diameter of 14mm, the pattern and color does a good job of enlarging my eyes.
In terms of wear and comfort, I give it a 6 out of 10. It’s not uncomfortable, neither is it comfortable. The edges feel a little rough to me. It felt slightly drying and scratchy at first but over time I got used to it. Also, I had to use eye drops with these lenses which is pretty annoying as I never have to do that with my Maxi lens.
I wore these lenses in my previous post so do feel free to let me know what you think of the color as I would love to know!!!

IMG_0538IMG_0539
Ok, here’s my hair of the day. Hee hee.. quick and fast bun..
Tomorrow is Chinese new year eve and I am having a traditional Chinese reunion dinner… here’s wishing all Chinese Folks a very happy and prosperous new year!
Love, BlovetBeauty