Crossing the Blues

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nutrition Tips

I'm having a rather challenging pregnancy and a big scare saw me on a one month self imposed bedrest.

I am the last person to stay still for long periods of time. Asthma could not stop me from playing soccer in the park or playing catch when I was young and I get so annoyed and grumpy when I'm having the "adult" flu bug cause I can't run around!

But being pregnant and caring for a small one can really change a woman.
I only got up to eat, bath and use the loo. My hair, my skin and my mood was not in the the best shape at all. I had scaly skin that peeled like sunburnt skin and refused to get better no matter what I lathered on. Also, i was not washing my face regularly . I skipped all my fancy creams, masks, moisturizer ( except for peel-y areas) and was a victim of pregnancy fatigue and looking very very very unappealing. Soon I had many baby zits and big zits!

Thankfully I have a dad gifted in the art of nutrition and he has taken such good care of me while I was in the most needy state ever. A strong concoction of vitamins and fruit juices has been so beneficial to my strength as well as my skin surprisingly ;)

In the past my zits and marks took ages to go away and the rule of thumb was the bigger it was the longer it would take to completely leave it's mark on my skin. Nutrition did take somewhat of a back seat in the past but now I am an advocate of the perks of having vitamins and fruit juices in ones diet to maintain optimal skin health.

~{benefits of vitamins and juices listed}
+ fast healing acne
+ fast healing post Acne pigmentation
+ a reduction on the reliance on facial products
+ glowing and radiant skin
+ surfacing of acne scars

These are the benefits I have witnessed while on my dad's healthy regiment. I must warn against the taste of some the juices but the perks and skin and healing benefits are completely worth it.

- I take daily
• organic beetroot juice ( nasty tasting but it gives a nice glow and has so many blood cleansing an boosting properties)
• gemuse saft ~ aka mixed organic vegetable juice
• tons of h2o
• zinc oyster supplements
• vit c , shark liver oils, fish oil, multi vitamin, calcium, cordycep ( sometimes every other day), vit b and folic acid
• organic soy protein drink
• Floradix( iron supplement that I have been taking on and off since I was 18 ) this liquid iron supplement is amazing. drink it during even if u are not pregnant and it can relieve fatigue and boost low blood count.

Not trying to scare anyone here but I have thalessemia which in essence means weaker blood and all these supplements are targeted to get more oxygen for the baby. The best side effect is how my pimples heal in a few days completely and don't leave any marks at all. I'm not suffering from any breakouts and my dry patches have eased up a lot ( fish oil helps heaps). I can go on and on and on abt all the great benefits but if u are not pregnant try taking a multi vitamin, oyster supplement, vegetable juice , beetroot juice, floradix and fish oils. The skin benefits are amazing.

Btw :

• I take - mixture of freshly boiled chicken essence and bottled essence 2-3 times a week

I give nutrition so much credit cause I've been so slack with my skin care and lying in bed the whole day but my breakouts are minimal and easily healed. I am not a doctor but I hope this helps those of u who are doing everything pdt wise to clean and take care of ur skin. Let me know how it goes:)

Take care and great weekend ahead !