Crossing the Blues

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Beauty Buys & Finds

 

This weekend was so totally relaxing for me. I spent it chilling and doing some beauty shopping. Don’t you just love a weekend devoted to rest & rejuvenation! Yea!

Here’s the stuff I accumulated over the weekends, not too much but I’m happy with it all::

 

IMG_6096 I dumped Maybelline The Magnum Mascara! I did, cause I left it out to dry for a day and it was still clumpy and sucky. Hated it. I’ve read rave reviews on this Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara and I decided to try it out. I love to try out all sorts of mascara and this was a risk that definitely paid off. I will do a thorough review on this mascara this week!!

IMG_6101

Oooohhh… Revlon I love you for this nude lip gloss in Nouvelle Teinte ! The color payoff is fab, the color is to die for and it feels so smooth on the lips!  Swatches to come soon too!

IMG_6207

I’ve tried high end curlers and low end curlers and I still find myself running back to well packaged and nice looking drugstore curlers. Hey, WATSON’s Eyelash Curler ( With Pink Plastic Handle) actually cost around 5 SGD only. It’s sturdy, it’s curls well and it’s pink. The fit around my lashes is just nice and it gives a nice natural curl!

IMG_6202

I am a shampoo hoarder. I hate it when my shampoo is running out and I don’t have a backup. As usual, I love lavender and AVALON ORGANICS Shampoo just smells amazing!

IMG_5980

Just ordered a pack of 6 De Shawn Marie Soaps for my mom as part of her birthday gift. She loves lathering them up with a loofah and she’s in love with the smells! I got her tons of lemony and fruity scents cause those zesty smelling soaps are her favorite :-)

My mom picked up Fresh Farmacy  Cleanser during her recent travels and I’ve been using this facial wash for 4 days now. My hubby noticed a difference on the 3rd day, saying that my face was radiant without the usual “ Beetroot Redness.” He rarely compliments my skin so this facial cleanser could be a keeper. Will continue using for a some time more for a review!!

_________________________________________________________________

It’s great fun to discover really interesting you tube beauty gurus and I might be a little late in discovering JLOVESMAC1 but I absolutely love her makeup style and all her bright cheery colors! Her lighthearted, witty and funny approach to beauty is refreshing and she really reminds me of  RAVEN! She’s also actually really really pretty when she’s bare faced!

JLOVESMAC1

After watching so many eyebrow tutorias, I’ve been following these basic steps when filling my eyebrows and I find the effect to be very natural and very pretty:

1) Using a brow pencil lightly outline your eyebrow shape.

2) Using an angled eyebrow brush, take a brown eyeshadow and fill it in while blending the outline into the lashes as well

3) The tail end of the eyebrows should be slightly darker than the front portion of the brows. A gradient effect ( light to dark) is really flattering for brows.

4) Using a flat straight concealor brush, conceal away the uneven edges on the top and bottom brow to give it a clean defined look. You can even “sharpen” the tail end of your eyebrows with this easy technique.

IMG_6042 

Okie, that’s all for now! I finally got my LUSH parcel from Singpost ! After a donkey long time, they finally decided to do their job. I got HIWTK ( obsessed with this), ROCKSTAR ( smells so good in my room), PORRIDGE ( Yummy ), SULTANA, I SHOULD COCO …. Loves…

Hope you had a great weekend !!!

image