Crossing the Blues

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mad City Soap _ Honey I Washed The Kids Type Dry Body Spray

 

Wow. When bloggers reviewed this particular Etsy Seller saying that shipping is super quick and her Lush Dupes are pretty spot on, they are oh so right.

Parcel took a speedy  8 days to arrive and I am now going absolutely crazy over Honey I Washed The Kids Type Dry Body Spray.

IMG_5708IMG_5711

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Liquid Shea Butter, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Oil, Fragrance (optional)

What I love about this HIWTK dupe dry oil is that it smells so much like the original and I don’t have to put the soap near me just to get a good whiff anymore. The honey, toffee and sweet smelling scent really stays on for a good 4-5 hours if you are in an air conditioned place and the smell is so terrific. I have worn perfumes that quickly de sensitizes my nose but this dry oil doesn’t do that. My smell buds ( as I like to  call them) keeps getting nice whiffs  throughout the day and the best part is that this smell blends so beautifully with sweeter smelling body butters.

If I could I would buy  a box full so I would never run out. That’s how madly obsessed I am with this smell. Only thing you have to be careful of is not to spray it on your favorite clothes as it is oil based. It takes a few seconds to settle into the skin and what you get is a nicely moisturized feeling, nothing heavy like a body butter.

I bought the 2 fluid ounce bottle and it’s so handy to throw into your handbag because the bottle is very secure. Sue is the owner of Mad City Soaps and I think she ranks amongst a few others as the best Customer Service on Etsy. Buying online is such cold experience at times but when you have a seller who is willing to reply to your questions, promptly and quickly, and ships the parcel out in a snap, it makes the whole purchasing experience pleasurable and satisfying.

A 2 Fluid Oz dry oil spray in the fragrance of your choice( you can choose from a longgg list), retails for only 5.50 USD I think. What a steal!

See her shop here >             MAD CITY SOAPS

 

** on a separate note altogether, SINGPOST, our local mail and parcel delivery, has once again screwed up on me. The first time was an almost 8 weeks delivery screw up to Munich from Singapore( my parcel was sent there and sent back- imagine that! ) and the second time was a few days ago when I purchased some Lush soaps from an ebay seller. I purchased the soaps last Sunday, she brought it to SINGPOST the next day on Monday ( weighed and sent it) and today, still nothing.
I HATE SINGPOST> the service is very pathetic and if this were the first time they screwed up on me I would let it go but it is not. This tiny island is too small for a parcel ( quite large may I add) to get lost.

 SINGPOST, please up your game and stop being so sloppy with people’s parcels.

I hope you all have a good weekend and please if you live in Singapore and are intending to send anything overseas, consider Fedex( my no. 1), DHL or some other delivery service. With Singpost, it’s such an unnecessary gamble.

* I buy all my Bath and Body Products and this is not a paid review ;)

image