Crossing the Blues

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara

 

IMG_6095

One of the few few few things I dislike about this mascara has to be it’s terribly long silly name! hahaha Other than the ridiculous name, I’m loving everything about this mascara. This is so so so much better than The Magnum Mascara by Maybelline and I would so recommend this to all who have sparse, thin, hard to curl lashes. Even without a eyelash curler, this mascara can lift droopy sad lashes.

Kiss Me Heroine Makeup volume & Curl Mascara is a keeper!

IMG_6161

IMG_6163

On the box, this mascara says that Heroine will COAT YOUR LASHES IN DRAMATIC VOLUME :

*LUSCIOUS VOLUME --- I like how it separates and lengthens super well. Volume wise, I guess I could get more if I applied more coats, but I prefer the long wispy fairy lashes effect I get with this mascara. A few coats is enough to work it’s magic!

*LONG LASTING CURL --- Definitely curls with a lasting effect. No droopy action after some time! Lashes feel light and airy.

*WATER PROOF TYPE --- No Smudging experienced even after a few hours of wear.

Overall, it delivers all it promise on the box so I have to give it an A+ for performance and the price is reasonable ( if I am not wrong, it’s priced around 21 SGD) Also, I really like the mascara wand. This curvy shaped wand seems to give nice lift to the lashes and it’s not huge or chunky, allowing me to coat all my lashes ( even tiny ones)   without staining my skin. Plus it dries so quickly which makes this ideal for impatient beings like myself.

IMG_6120

What can be improved:-

IMG_6118

The name & packaging. The name is such a mouth full and to have it shortened would be a joy! Also, I would prefer the mascara bottle to be a different color and to be more exciting in look. This wonderful mascara truly deserves a packaging facelift! The deep maroon color somehow reminds me of cheap and lousy mascaras I’ve used in the past which is not true at all for this mascara.  Anyways that’s just me being picky about packaging. Otherwise, a great investment for your makeup pouch ;-) I highly recommend this mascara~!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can tell I shop at Watsons quite a lot. They happen to be stocking some wonderful Japanese cosmetic brands, making it hard for me to walk in and out without getting a little something something….hehe  Watson’s sells their own beauty tools as well. This pink eyelash curler really caught my eye and it was cheap so I couldn’t resist !

IMG_6207

IMG_6210

I put up my naked lashes just a few entries ago. Shall spare readers the same old before photo and just show you the effects after I’ve curled my sad sparse lashes:

IMG_6211

Almost all my lashes have been curled nicely and I like that there’s no biting action going on with this curler. Cheaper curlers can be overly broad or they simply have a poor grip and tension that results in poorly curled lashes.

I like this eyelash curler, let’s just see how long it last ! If it gives up on me soon, I am just going to go back to trusty Shu Uemura and get their  expensive curler that lasts for years. It’s probably going to be the best long term investment I make in terms of eyelash curlers ;-)

image