Crossing the Blues

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eyebrow Grooming Tutorial- SOUP Magazine

 

IMG_5969

The path to well groomed brows is an easy one with helpful diagrams, pictures and lots of practice!

 

Eyebrow Grooming Tools:IMG_5971 

When I first started grooming my brows, I always left out one of the most important step, which is trimming the length of the brow hair. As a result, my brows were always over tweezed or shaved because I was trying to achieve an unrealistic brow shape purely by shaving or tweezing unwanted hairs. I took these super useful diagrams from the Japanese Magazine SOUP and it nicely highlights how to use an arched trimming scissors and a brow comb to trim the length of the brow hairs and achieve a nice brow shape.

IMG_5973

They encourage the trimming of the brow length prior to shaving or tweezing stray hairs, which is smart as it helps lessen the chances of over tweezing or shaving and gives the brow a neater appearance.

IMG_5967

After you get your desired shape, you can fill your newly groomed brows with a brow pencil, brown eye shadow or eyebrow powder. I like to use both a pencil and some brown eye shadow when I have the time as it gives a very natural yet slightly defined effect.An optional step for even more polished brows would be to use a brow mascara. Any old dried out brown mascara can also give the same desired effect.

IMG_5977

Okie, have fun brow grooming!

image