Crossing the Blues

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mad City Soap Part II Delectable Sugar Scrubs ~

 

How many sugar scrubs can a girl have? ? ?

                                    A ton! 

This scrubby goodness from Mad City Soap is MARSHMALLOW scented and I must say, it smells just like the yummiest, freshest marshmallow you’ve eaten.. Marshmallow fans will simply adore this scent. Using it in the shower is like drenching urself in liquid marshmallows, minus the sticky feeling. There is no oily residue left on the skin or in the shower.  Upon contact, the sugary bits literally melt and cleanse away in a very gently bubbling manner. Presentation is also key with Scrubbin Bubbles Body Scrub – The fresh white color, topped with purple specks make it look like a delicious gigantic marshmallow. Packaging wise, the labels are waterproof so you can leave this in the shower without worrying!

In the description, Sue states that this scrub is most suited for normal to oily skin types. Her super popular moisturizing whipped sugar scrubs are only available in the cooler months ( starting September ). So if you happen to have really dry skin, it might be worth waiting a little while longer :-) Here in the tropics, I appreciate a little less oil every now and then!

IMG_5699IMG_5726

                     Yumss!!

If you aren’t bored, read on! I got another AWESOME Scrubbin Sugar Scrub in CHERRY DIVINITY….. This smells like strawberry ice cream rounded off with a good scoop of vanilla. Makes me want to take a bite off my hands. Dangerous for serious strawberry ice cream addicts! Overall, I can’t praise this scrubby goodness enough and the comfort it brings me in the shower. ….oohh Lalala…I am considering getting these scents in the dry oil version as it doesn’t contain alcohol which tends to evaporate quickly on my skin ( scent and all).Can’t wait to smell like strawberry ice cream and marshmallows:)

IMG_5721IMG_5719              

    Get me a spoon to dig into this one!!

Scrubbin Sugar Scrubs Ingredients: Sugar, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Cosmetic Colorants

I got 2 body butters- Candy Fluff Type & Cotton Candy. Blame my preggie need for sugar and chocolate and all things sweet &  fatty. These smells I am not crazy over . They are way too sweet / medicinal smelling for me and the only way I can wear Candy Fluff is with HIWTK dry oil layered on. Cotton candy on the other hand is just something I can’t stomach. I wish I had gotten mango lassi or lush island retreat ! Butter wise though it does moisturize nicely. It feels a little greasy and thick initially but the cream seems to settle into the skin after a few minutes and the scent lingers. If you have a smell that you love, you could easily customize it to this body butter. It’s bound to make you smell of it 24-7.

IMG_5712

IMG_5714

                                               Fluffy goodness

Life’s too short. I want to live it smelling yummy :-)

* I buy all my Bath and Body Products and this is not a paid review ;)

image