Crossing the Blues

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Maybelline Volum’ Express The Magnum Mascara Review

 

IMG_5810

 

Hmm… I’ve been walking by this bright yellow mascara by Maybelline and each time I’ve felt a pull towards it’s electric yellow packaging. I do enjoy Maybelline’s volumizing mascaras and they usually work well.  Based on past experience plus the fact that there wasn’t any Fairy Drops Mascara in sight, I bought this mascara in a huff and I kinda regret it!

Lashes Before Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara:

IMG_5831

IMG_5832

Lashes After 3-4 coats of Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara:

IMG_5836

IMG_5837

Lashes After 8 coats of Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara:

IMG_5838

 IMG_5839 

Review:-

Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara BRUSH:

- The rather straight mascara wand doesnt provide much lift to lashes 

- The long and rather fat wand always leaves mascara stains on skin near my lashesIMG_5835

Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara FORMULA:

- The formula is rather wet. I do not like wet mascaras because they are messy  upon application & drying and it’s such a hassle to wait for them to dry

Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara RESULTS:

-Lashes look fuller but they tend to droop at the edges after 10-15 minutes of application

-Fresh from application, lashes can look rather nice and thick but they soon get heavy and get clumpy especially at tip of lashes ( resulting in droopy lash tips- eww )

-Takes many coats to get the desired lash volume

- Price wise, it cost a little less than my fairy drops mascara I think.

I would pay a little more to purchase my all time favorite Fairy Drops Mascara that gives volume and lift to my lashes in way fewer coats without the droopy or clumpy action.

           

Fairy Drops Mascara VS Maybelline Volum’Express The Magnum Masacara : 

Note ** I used one mascara for each eye and this is the result after 40 minutes of wear

IMG_5823IMG_5850

 

                                               VS

 IMG_5810 IMG_5850 

My verdict is pretty simple : I should never buy mascaras on impulse and based on looks!! The magnum is a pretty big let down for me in terms of performance and the price point. It isn’t the cheapest mascara that Maybelline carries and the packaging is so fun but the clumpy\droopy action and wet formula is a big turn off for me.

 

image