Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LUSH OCEAN SALT SCRUB & REVLON LIP GLOSS

 

My hubby is mystified at the number of body products I have amassed. He watches my growing stash and has given me an ultimatum that before I can purchase anymore products, I have to finish the current stash of soaps\scrubs\delicious lathering tubs and that’s what I intend to do!

Thankfully, my mom saved the day when she bought me some Fresh Farmacy & Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub from LUSH when she returned from the US. Hehe. It’s cheating but in a valid way cause it was a gift! hahaha

IMG_6093

IMG_6088

IMG_6090

IMG_6089

Ingredients:

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis),Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Why am I smiling like a goofball? hehe… Blue salt scrub just looks so damn funny on the skin !  I looked like a blue alien and my hubby gave me a “ omg, I married a lunatic”  look when I was scrubbing away ! huk huk huk

IMG_6091

Review & Thoughts:

Crazy looks aside, this scrub grows on me. I’ve used it a few times  and to be really honest, it can be very abrasive. If you have really thick, flaky skin, this scrub is going to be great for polishing off the dead skin cells. If you have thin sensitive skin, I highly suggest using this very sparingly and using it once every 2 –3 weeks or you can use it  as a body scrub . It stung a little and I’m not too sure if this feeling is from the salt, lime or fragrance but it subsides once I’ve washed it off. Afterwards, my skin looks red and feels a little raw but moisturized.

The consistency is thick so it won’t run all over the place but if you prefer softer/gentler scrubs, this might not be for you. Personally, I love the smell of this scrub as it is so rejuvenating! The downside is that it is expensive!! I could get alot more scrubs on Etsy for the price paid. My mom was like – Lush is expensive! Yup, but what a fun experience nevertheless!

Skin wise, I don’t see a mega improvement. Fresh Farmacy facial cleanser seems to have produced much more visible results. Will I repurchase this product? Maybe I would for my body but not for my face!

 

                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IMG_6130

Ah, Revlon’s Lip Glosses have been all over you tube and beauty blogs lately and I had to check out what all the fuss was about!

Wow, all I can say is that I am addicted to this amazing lip gloss in Nouvelle Teinte and I like to put it on FOR FUN! It feels like a smooth butter gloss . Doesn’t dry out the lips and the shade is a good companion for many lip colors! I don’t think wearing this alone for dark tone lips is a good idea cause it’s not pigmented enough to cover up darker lips. Girls with light lip tones will really look fabulous with this lip gloss and nothing else, it’s so dang pretty for a dolly look or paired with a simple dark eye. Versatile. Nice Taste. Creamy.

                                       Revlon Nouvelle Teinte:

IMG_6135

IMG_6141

   ____________________________________________________

After pairing this lip gloss with lipsticks, concealors and lip liners, I find the best combi for my lips is simply a LipGloss & Liner ::

 

              Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + NYX Black Label Lipstick (Nude):

IMG_6129                                                             +

IMG_6184

IMG_6186

Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + Makeup For Ever Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil (Red)

IMG_6321 IMG_6320

Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + MAC Pink Nouveau

IMG_6324

IMG_6327

Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + Candy Doll Lip Concealor

IMG_6329

IMG_6330

Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + OCC Lip Tar

IMG_6331

IMG_6333

Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + Sephora Lip Liner ( Native Nude)

IMG_6336

IMG_6337

My favorite combination has to be Revlon Nouvelle Teinte + Sephora Lip Liner ( Native Nude). It’s super gorgeous together and I’ve decided to pair it with a quick smokey eye:

IMG_6357

IMG_6343

 

It’s still Wednesday!!?! I’m hoping I can get a C section date sometime next week. It’s about time and I’ll let you guys know this friday when the scheduled birth date is:-) Excited and oh so so so scared at the same time. My emotions are like a damn rollercoaster right now!

 

image