Crossing the Blues

Sunday, March 6, 2011

L`OREAL Curl Impact Collagene Mascara

 

IMG_1622IMG_1623

Oh wow. L`OREAL Curl Impact Collagene curls, lifts, defines and is easily removed with water. Did I mention that it does not smudge easily throughout the day as well.

IMG_1617

IMG_1626

This mascara has a unique spiral curler which seems to do a good job of lifting lashes and helping lashes hold their curl. There’s some instructions on the box about how to use the mascara but for me I kinda just take it out of the tube and apply because who has the time to look at the wand and try to wiggle it in the correct angel?

It doesn’t really make any difference to me as well.

IMG_1621

As you can tell, my lashes are nicely defined and it holds the curl almost all day long. It does take around 20 seconds or so to dry upon application but it’s not as wet as some of Rimmel’s mascara and it definitely sets very well. I had no smudges even in hot weather and my lashes remained soft and curled.

IMG_1628

IMG_1633

Removal is easy with warm water and I love how kindly tube mascaras treat my sparse fragile lashes.  After using tube mascaras, I do find it very difficult to use normal waterproof mascaras now because normal waterproof mascaras in comparison tend to be very difficult to remove and aren’t as smudge proof.

One thing to note with tube technology type mascaras is that you have to ensure that your lashes are clean. They need clean and dry to latch onto nicely. There was one time when I washed my face, some mascara ran off and upon trying to reapply, this mascara made my lashes look a little clumpy and kinda unattractive. An easy step for this type of mascara to work well is to have clean lashes Smile

The only downside I can find about this mascara ( I love the gold tube btw) is the price. It cost around 27 SGD which is steep for a drugstore mascara! Well, great packaging, great formula and wonderfully curled defined lashes comes with a high price.

Love, BlovetBeauty