Crossing the Blues

Monday, November 16, 2009

REVLON’S FANTASY LENGTHS REVIEW

I’ve noticed lately how false eyelashes can really open up my small eyes and when I get really lazy and don’t feel like doing any eye makeup, I just put on falsies and immediately my eyes look bigger. I prefer false eyelashes with the thicker band ( but comfortable bands) as they give the illusion of eyeliner when gunning for a natural look and a more invisible lash band when I do a dramatic eye look , so as not to distract from the eye makeup.

I was sent a box of Revlon’s Fantasy Lengths Lashes ( 2 self adhesive and 2 glue on ) as well as a box of Revlon’s Nails to test out and so far, I’m loving the lashes because they make my eyes look so good naked.

IMG_2580

**I am not advertising for Revlon and will give my personal thoughts on these lashes**

 

Anyhow, here’s my review on these oh so soft and natural looking lashes:

IMG_2626

 

 

 

 

 

 















REVLON FANTASY LENGTHS
 

( Glue on)

 

    INTENSIFYING 91002 

 IMG_2797

IMG_2999

 

    FLIRTY 91003

IMG_2806 

IMG_2916 

 

 

 


Application:

1) Trim Lashes to fit

2) Apply glue to eyelash eyelash lash band

3) Allow to dry for a few seconds(really fast or it will dry up) and apply onto lash line

Pros:  I love how authentic and natural looking these lashes are. They look like my real lashes only way way longer. I like how easily and seamlessly they blend with my own lashes. All I have to do is curl my lashes and add a tiny bit of curling mascara and put these lashes on. ( Great for lazy people who don’t have time to do eye makeup and want to still have pretty looking eyes)

These falsies come with a white glue which is pretty sticky and dries pretty fast.

IMG_2795












Cons:
I found application difficult due to the thin and very soft eyelash spine. I had to use a pair of tweezers and my fingers to get the eye lash in place and it took me quite some time. I am used to thicker and firmer eyelash bands that are are quicker and easier to put on.

I also find that with these lashes, I have to wear eyeliner because the band is a clear color and it shows up pretty obvious in macro shots.



REVLON FANTASY LENGTHS

(Self Adhesive)

    INTENSIFYING 99500

IMG_2820

IMG_2900

    DEFINING 99501 

IMG_2812

IMG_2884

APPLICATION:



IMG_2799


1) Have really dry and clean hands, before peeling off the lashes gently from the lashes stand. 

The adhesive glue strip is sticky.

IMG_2821


2) Trim to fit

3) Fit lashes at base of lash line, wiggle and press the lashes into the base of natural lash line to get it as close as possibleIMG_2822









4) Using the applicator provided, press the lashes

IMG_2810















IMG_2824 

5) Viola ` very natural, pretty lashes!~IMG_2826










 

6) TO REUSE-

This band can only be used a few times because it becomes less tacky after 1-3 uses. Thankfully it comes with an extra lash band.

All you have to do is peel off the used adhesive glue strip and reattach onto the replacement glue strip on the lash stand. Super easy to do.


Since I’ve been running short of time lately,  I tried using normal lash glue on it  and it works perfectly !

The best part is that I won’t need to throw away these gorgeous self adhesive lashes once the glue adhesive wears off !!

IMG_2813


 

 

 

 

 

 







PROS:
I prefer the self adhesive lashes over the glue on lashes . They are easier to apply due to the firmer lash band  and  holds really well for a long duration ( 4 hours and looking great). They feel comfortable and softer than a lot of fake lashes I have tried and they do not peel off easily, UNLESS you have thick emollient eye makeup.

Also, because the band is black, I do not have to put on eyeliner when I am going for the natural look. I like the eyelash applicator thingy cause it’s pretty useful and it does help the lashes to fit perfectly, definitely feels safer than poking a tweezer at my lash area.

CONS: It’s pretty clear that REVLON FANTASY LENGTH  are really beautiful natural looking lashes but I must say that it could be a little challenging to apply especially for a newbie.

A first timer would have difficulty wearing these lashes cause it’s much softer  than cheap low grade lashes. Self adhesive lashes are  easier to apply compared to the glue ons.

I’ve heard that these lashes are expensive?? Since I can’t even get this locally ( really sucks)  I am not able to inform about the price.


 

My Favourite Falsies of the pack has to be 99500!


See how my current collection has grown!

IMG_2630

 


image




ADIN
PURPLE TAG!

Can’t get enough of this color tag!! Thanks Sweetie!

 

IMG_2926



















IMG_2927
















IMG_2545
IMG_2538
















IMG_2960









IMG_2955













IMG_2957







 














hehe.. Hope you enjoyed my review and my purple items!


 

  


Been grumpy lately, so I’ve been wearing this necklace my mom bought.
It speaks the words I dare not utter *-* hahahahaIMG_2936

Untitled-1 copy