Crossing the Blues

Monday, November 23, 2009

MUFE & Random Makeup

IMG_3225 



To all nerdy working females, I feel your pain!

It’s the year end and the work stuff is driving me nuts..
* Scrambling for missing documents ( not my fault at all)


* Accounting and Finance matters to sort out
* Projects to watch over
* New Projects to govern


*OMG, give me a kit kat

So nuts that I slept 13 hours non stop on Saturday night and had to switch my brain off from anything work related.
My family and Hubby drove up to Johor for a visit to Jusco, had a great lunch at this grill place that looked like a cool tree house thingy, bought some stuff and drove back to spore. That was a real nice breather and a nice 4 hours get away for me.


Here’s what I bought from Daiso:


1) A really lousy eyeliner that I had to go over many many times just to get it looking black.



2) This white eyelash glue is from Korea and frankly, it’s not too bad for 2 SGD.
IMG_3237
Here’s a pic of me wearing falsies using this EYELASH GLUE and CALLAS Falsies( I’m liking this falsies):



IMG_3253
IMG_3259



Bought this shimmery pink eyeshadow from elianto in Jusco . It’s the first time I’ve seen or heard of this brand. This single eye shadow retails for around 3 SGD and is a really pretty shimmery pink color :)
 IMG_3240IMG_3242 



Last week , a  bad work incident saw me  on a crazy shopping spree.  Thankfully, I was still sane enough to remember that my new home would leave me super poor real soon and I had to control myself * a little*.

 An angry me is a shopaholic me so here’s what I got:

I really really wanted this aqua eyes from MUFE. When I tested it out, it was even better than MAC. Smoother, Creamier, Richer and definitely pigmented, plus they did not smudge.

Aqua Eyes
I was going to get this liner from MUFE, but they had run out of stock for the black so I ended up being persuaded to buy the AQUA CREAMLINER( WATERPROOF) in black.

I use a lot of black cream liners and when I tried out the tester pot at Sephora’s MUFE stand, it was so smooth and really easy to apply. When I tried out my brand new MUFE creamliner at home however, it was so hard. It was not creamy and I had alot of difficulty trying to get my brush into the cream. I took it back to the lady at MUFE and told her that the pot had dried out and I was really unhappy with the hardened cream liner.I told her that I had never experienced such a hard cream eyeliner. Even my drugstore Japanese eyeliner had been around for a year plus and was not even half as dry as the pot she sold me. She simply reassured me that their waterproof eyeliner is a little tough at the beginning but it would be totally normal after working your brush into the deeper layers. She used her brush to remove the top layers and persuaded me that all I had to do was to use it till reached the deeper layers. * I totally dun buy this crap*

Normally, I would have insisted on an exchange but I had thrown away my receipt thinking that MUFE products would be really high quality plus the tester was really really smooth.

Personally, I would not buy this product again.


The second item I bought from MUFE is this red lip liner which I purchased out of sheer impulse. It’s so much creamier and smoother than the cream liner so no complaints here.   It keeps my lipstick from bleeding and with this color, I wouldn’t need to buy a red lipstick, I just fill my whole lip with it and blend it together with a clear lip gloss. Great for defining the lips.






The MUFE Sales Girl was sweet enough to throw in a free sample for the HD EXLIXIR:

IMG_3064


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zci99iNhrig/Sq-IwzhUw9I/AAAAAAAALTQ/GWR4FYPQQoI/s400/P240602_hero.jpg

HD Elixir
What it is:
An innovative serum that instantly hydrates and adds radiance to the skin.
What it does:
HD complexion collection uses innovative formulas to create a new generation of makeup that is invisible on high-definition cameras and to the naked eye. This unique, lightweight elixir absorbs quickly into the skin, instantly hydrating and brightening the complexion. The breakthrough formula contains D-Panthenol and Glycerin to ensure an immediate boost of hydration (+520% after 15 minutes) that lasts throughout the day (+175% after 6 hours). Argatensyl is added to provide an immediate smoothing effect. Each ingredient was specifically added to prepare skin for high- definition makeup—so you can count on the camera picking up the perks of this perfecting formula.
What else you need to know:
This product is oil and paraben free and dermatologist tested.


MY THOUGHTS ON THIS PRODUCT:
It does reduce skin flakiness without making the skin look greasy. However, I did get a zit or two after using this clear light weight gel.  I used it around my eye area as well but did not feel that my eyes look very hydrated or smooth the next day. My Vitacreme B12 does a better job of hydration and plumping.
**Seems like MUFE range of products may not be suitable for my skin type. 


Other Items I  splurged on:



DHC MILD SOAP – HONEY AND OLIVE as main ingredient

IMG_3051IMG_3085 


Random Eyelash Curler

To replace my Shu Uemura Curler, I switched to this really cheap but really excellent
curler. Wow. It’s only 5SGD!

IMG_3095

Forever 21 Ripped Jeans.
I used to love to buy their clothes from way back when I was a poor University Student. I really love their cut and fitting cause it suits my body type and they make really fun clothes!  


 IMG_3091 

Okie I’ve gotta sleep now. Good night sweeties.
I got a few eye looks and Zoe’s bday gifts to show u! night night!
** I will definitely catch up on all your blogs!!

  Untitled-1 copy