Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mini Birthday Haul & Part 2 Blovet’s Lipstick Collection

Hi Sweeties, I’ve been pretty busy cause of what else but work and also cause yesterday was my birthday **- I needed to catch up with my own family and of course it’s kinda depressing turning a quarter of a century !  I’m wondering just how I jumped from 15 to 25, accompanied with fine lines, open pores,scarring and all >< haha..

But seriously, I don’t talk too much abt my personal stuff except during tags cause this blog is reserved for my passion. I would have to make one special exception though:>

I would love love love to share and pass on my birthday blessings to my hubby  whom I have known for a decade. I am not a mushy person but when he looked me in the eye and told me “happy birthday sweetie , I’ve known u since you were young and I’m so happy to be with you”, my heart just melted. He is so special to me and my life would not be the same without him. He reads this blogs always and I’m not very expressive with my feelings but I hope he knows just how much I adore him. I really do :)

Also, to all my dearest and closet friends & blogger pals who wished me a Happy Birthday, Thanks Sweeties:) You make turning a year older so much better! Me adore all my darling friends :)

Of course, My darling got my prezzies for my birthday!!! All makeup related :)

IMG_2198

Fairy Drops Mascara ,Canmake NUDY GLOW 01 Rose Macaron ( absolutely gorgeous nude pinkish gloss),MAC Greasestick, MAC HoneyLove, MAC Pink Nouveau

IMG_2203

IMG_2202 

IMG_2206

IMG_2205

I’m going to do a review on these items in my next post! Super excited cause of the fairy drops and my nude-pinkish lip collection is starting to grow:))

Okay, moving on,I was actually intending to dump this blog entry cause of the discoloration from the silly blue light but since there were some request for more lip swatches, I thought why not?

 IMG_2123  IMG_2122

Aren’t these pens cute? I’m going to start making it a point to get cute or attractive stationary cause it makes me happy!

IMG_2167

Before I applied all my lip products, I would use this healing Lavender Balm to moisturize my lips and it’s the reason why my lips didn’t bleed or peel after so many swatches. This lip balm is a life saver for dry and chapped lips. Currently, I use it every night as a lip conditioner b4 bed.

 

IMG_2148IMG_2124

A gorgeous purple clear gloss called Envy Me from TOO FACED cosmetics. I like this gloss a lot. Surprisingly, this dark looking purple gloss, turns  a soft pink on my lips when applied alone. It makes lips look ultra glossy. Sorry about the blur picture.

 

IMG_2141 IMG_2140

Dior Lipgloss. I don’t know what possessed me to buy this but this was back in the days when I didn’t know about online blog reviews. I am so la la with this lip gloss. The shimmer particles are so big and I am not a fan of multi color reflective glitter..

 

IMG_2150IMG_2154 

If you need an affordable brownish nude to wear alone or to layer on top of another color, MAYBELLINE NUDE is simply the way to go. Color is a sheer brownish and the finish makes my lips look so moisturized and smooth. No drying of the lips at all. Love this!


IMG_2155IMG_2157

My mommy got me MAC’s Lipglass early this year and I love it cause it looks lovely alone. Not ultra sticky, nice color payoff and it doesn’t glide off. Love this lipglass cause it can paired with so many brown or nudish lipsticks!

 

IMG_2158IMG_2161

I don’t really know how to wear pinky shimmer lipstick but surprisingly, this Rimmel High Gloss Lipstick 013 was perfect for day wear. It’s moisturising without being overly slippery and it looks lovely paired with a pinkish or clear gloss!

 

IMG_2163 IMG_2166 

Gentle Coral lip conditioner from MAC looks crazy in the pot but it gives this lovely orangey color on the lips. Perfect for a lazy or no makeup day, it’s definitely a tinted lip color that I revisit from time to time!

 

IMG_2168IMG_2171 I usually love NYX products but this lipstick is not a favourite. I bought it in Japan cause it looked so gorgeous in the stick and the smell was lovely too. It was an implusive buy and  I kinda regret it. It’s very slippery. The color payoff is not fantastic and usually you would have to apply some foundation for the real color to show up. I think I might try to use this lipstick together with a matte lipstick. The packaging is gorgeous though - black and sleek . One perk though is that it’s very smooth upon application.

 

IMG_2173 IMG_2176

Initially when I first bought shy girl, I was quite crazy about it. After a few weeks, this lipstick broke on me and it made me pretty pissed cause I did not toss it around in my makeup bag as I usually do. This lipstick is super slippery and it isn’t tat great in covering my pigmented lips. The coral shade is very pretty and lovely but it’s not for pigmented lips like mine.

 

Sorry for being away so long and not commenting… I’ve got so much blogs to catch up on :)

Untitled-1 copy