Crossing the Blues

Thursday, June 24, 2010

“ you Don’t look good without MU”

I woke up today, grumpier than ever after a whole week of little and terrible sleep , and saw that someone had left a comment on my previous blog saying something like:

- You don’t even look that great without makeup -

This peeved me to NO END.  I think that I mentioned in that blog entry that I DID NOT PUT ON MAKEUP, so this person either has a comprehension problem or is just trying to pass on the negative vibes.

This is not the first time I have heard this STUPID line and I will explain why this claim pisses me off in a bit.

FIRST OF ALL, let me say, even celebrities don’t look that great without makeup. What do you expect from a normal 26 yr old girl like myself? I don’t have a chef, a trainer, millions of bucks at my absolute disposal and if I look a little greasy or gross, it’s because I don’t have a personal butler to a hand me tissue or my makeup tools for a touch up every 5 minutes. Having said that, I do know that  I can look really tired and a little sad without some makeup. I accept this as part of growing up as a woman. I am no longer a young 13 year old who can prance around with no makeup on  and have people think I look fresh and adorable. Life doesn’t pan out that way for morons out there who think they can wake up and look great with soap and water.

People who leave stupid comments like these are just playing dumb.

Just check out this link to see your favorite personalities without a smidgen of makeup. Do their natural faces look a little tired and devoid of color? Yes. But, YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW that they haven’t gone to their favorite makeup artist yet!! They don’t even have their game face on!

http://seehere.blogspot.com/2006/08/celebrities-without-makeup.html

 

Just to be fair here, I’ll accept all criticism that I do look oily at times.

- You don’t even look that great without makeup -

Back in my University days, I remember having a female group mate who made a similar comment. We were closing in on exams and having to juggle all the mugging and meaningless project work, I came to school one day without so much as eyeliner on. It was very apparent that I WAS NOT WEARING ANY MAKEUP. My lids were not green, blue or brown and my lashes were droopy. My Lips were pale and my skin was bare. IT WAS 100% obvious that I did not have my usual concealor, eyeliner and mascara on. That’s the first time I heard this line thrown at me : “ Wow, why do you look so tired? your face looks so different without makeup …( i get your damn hint) ”

Should I have worn a shirt that says: I AM ON A MAKEUP STRIKE TODAY BECAUSE I JUST SPENT THE PAST FEW DAYS\NIGHTS MUGGING & HAD TO TRAVEL for 2 HOURS IN A CROWDED TRAIN & BUS TO REACH THIS SUPERFICIAL SCHOOL OF COMMERCE?

It’s like asking a heavy person, who is eating a salad:

“ ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT?” -----------> DUH, seriously you need to examine your social tact and get some manners. Try not to be so dull in future.

Seriously, if you are the moron who left the comment, please try not to leave anymore stupid and meaningless comments such as these. I mentioned that I was not wearing makeup. Did I ask if I looked great to you? Did I mention that I looked amazing without makeup? No I did not.

 

Coming from a school of “superficial people”, aka business students, I was pretty much exposed to all types of vain pots. There were those who would come to lecture rooms with a full face of makeup – heavy foundation and all, at 9am in the morning. Their hair would be immaculately curled and they look like they had to wake up at 5am just to get ready in time for the fashion parade. There were girls who were effortlessly beautiful, yes I hated them, but they looked good no matter the time of day and situation. Than, there were also girls who came with little to no makeup.  I tried to fall somewhere in between and it hurts when people make stupid comments that imply that your natural face doesn’t look that good when you decide to take a day off makeup. I think it’s sheer laziness to look like you just woke up and brushed your teeth when meeting people. I also think it’ sad to not be able to take a day or two off sometimes, to let your pores breathe or let your lashes go natural, for fear of people’s perception. Goodness our world is ruled with enough judgment and critique about how women should look like and it’s pissing me off. Women get critiqued for their bodies, their faces and their behavior. Enough is enough, the blog is mine and the pictures too and if you find my natural face ugly, buzz off. I’m no longer a 16 yr old who can’t differentiate stupidity  and meanness and real honesty/constructive criticism.

I appreciate comments on my made up face to be honest. I like to hear people’s feedback about a certain look or a certain eye  or lip color and if they don’t like it, I’m fine with it.  I am not fine with it when I specifically said that I WAS NOT WEARING ANY MAKEUP & NEVER SAID A THING ABOUT THINKING THAT MY NAKED FACE IS GORGEOUS & DOESNT NEED ANY MAKEUP AT ALL. I think girls should have a real idea sometimes about the transformational abilities of makeup. They shouldn’t have that twisted mindset that all women wake up and look like they graced the cover of a magazine. Stupid shows that have actors waking up with a full face of makeup on, that’s crap,  not real life. Your naked face is reality. I love my naked face and I think it’s far from flawless or fabulous. My naked face is the real me and makeup is there to enhance my features. If I look better with makeup on, good, cause that’s normal. That’s why the beauty industry is booming. Women know that makeup helps them to look good and face the world.  The term NATURAL BEAUTY though has been absolutely contorted. The media and magazines show all this unrealistic “natural beauties” and the truth is, so many women don’t see the makeup, the photography, the photo editing and the stylist that run the whole show. They think that women do indeed look like a million bucks without hours of grooming/some nip & tuck/plastic surgery  and what not. NATURAL BEAUTY has been killed by the media. It no longer exist in my dictionary. 

If ever anyone should say to you that you don’t look good without makeup, don’t take it personally. Take it that such a comment is coming from a highly idiotic moron whose goal in life is to make people feel miserable.

I refuse to give in to such a stupid comment and wear makeup everyday so that people would think that  I look a certain way all the time. I don’t. I have my bad days with my swollen puffy eyes and my chubby cheeks. I have days when my skin wants to flare up and yet I have days when I think I look pretty cute too.

If anyone ever tells you “ you don’t look great without makeup,”  just tell them “ F*^% off & Grow Up”

I take major offence to people insulting women’s natural faces. Women have a hard enough time accepting themselves in society. We don’t need to have our self esteem unnecessarily squashed down to Zero. Loving yourself without any makeup on is the first step to looking beautiful. When you get rid of people’s perception and your own harsh judgment of your naked face, only than can you embrace your looks completely and learn to bring out the best of your features. Love your naked face and it will love you back.

 

DSCF0676