Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Soap Seduction

I waited patiently for 10 days.

And my soaps have reached!!

 

Every Etsy soaper I have bought from has something distinct about their products and the smell of the soap seduction parcel  is: Exotic and Decadent

 IMG_5300

I was first attracted to this Etsy seller because of her gorgeous and exotic looking soaps  and her customer service is fast and prompt.  Also, I have a habit of checking with soapers, on the safety of their items for pregnancy. Patrice the owner of the Soap Seduction actually remember my question and sent me this very lovely card together with the parcel :

 IMG_5289

 

Sweet :) Patrice is so sweet, I love her thoughtfulness!

 

First Impressions: I love how everything was wrapped up in pretty pink paper and I absolutely love The Soap Seduction Style. Just going by the wrapping and smells, you feel that everything is meant to entice and seduce you into using them.

IMG_5286 

The first item I took a bite out of, hehe , was the free sample of a Lip Bomb. The packaging is so convenient because you can turn the base and the balm glides right out and there are only 4 ingredients in it. It’s ultra ultra moisturizing & long lasting  but I wish she would have included the scent name. It smells of cranberry bubblegum. Nothing synthetic & very light :) No smell of any oils or beeswax or anything like that. Only drawback is that it’s a little mushy due to the heat. I think this lip balm needs some refrigeration before I apply it on again.

 

 IMG_5295

 

Next up are the sample size sugar scrubs! I got 2 flavors – Sniker Doodles & Lemon Chiffon. I wish I wish I wish I had bought the larger version of the Lemon Chiffon. It is to die for. The smell is SO SO good, I can’t even describe it.

IMG_5310

Both sugar scrubs are very smooth and the sugar particles in it are very fine and gently exfoliate the skin. Both scrubs lather well but differently. Packaging wise, I would have preferred the labels to be waterproof cause the ink from the ingredients label ran when I brought this into the toilet with me.

Snicker Doodles smells like a rich cinnamon bun mixed with a sneaker bar and the lather is  creamy.It can be a little overpowering and it makes my skin smell like warm vanilla with some notes of cinnamon.

 IMG_5311

Lemon Chiffon is a MUST HAVE!  It looks gorgeous in the sample sized jar and the smell is just decadent. It smells like the most sinful  lemony, vanilla chiffon cake ever, without all the calories :) The lather is truly amazing and leaves your skin feeling clean and silky smooth afterwards and if you are anything like me, you’ll be smelling yourself continually . I swear this is the sexiest food scent I have ever used. OMG> to die for people.IMG_5313

 

Next up are The Soap Seduction Soaps!

 IMG_5301

The first Soap I got was Holiday Serenade and this was not the smell I was expecting. It smells like Spicy exotic Potpourri :( The soap looks gorgeous though and I have a friend in mind to give this soap to. She prefers deeper muskier scents, while I adore sweet rich ones. 

IMG_5321

The second soap I tried was Killa Vanilla and man oh man, this is one strong sexy smelling vanilla. It looks and smells good enough to eat. It’s cut like a small cake and the color  reminds you of coffee and chocolate. I think I might be a vanilla scent convert! Never would I have ever imagined that vanilla could smell so comforting and dead sexy at the same time!

IMG_5331

IMG_5334

The last soap I bought was the sweet nothings. It is huge! I like the light floral and fruity scent it imparts and it’s perfect for days when you just feel like doing nothing and lazing about. I don’t find the soaps moisturizing enough and the scent of this bar is very very light.IMG_5327

IMG_5329 

Overall, I LOVE the SUGAR SCRUBS.

I like the soaps because they look very exotic and have a unique smell but the scent disappears too quickly after I bath unlike the sugar scrubs. Also, they are not as moisturizing as Bare Bumm Bath. Still, I have to say the scents are unique & seductive( can be overpowering to some I suspect) , the sugar scrubs are lovely and Patrice is a very sweet seller !

It’s midweek! Countdown to Friday people!

image