Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Toners on Etsy

Ah, just another reason to shop on Etsy. They sell skincare items and today I was zooming in on some toners! I love botanical\natural\non heavily scented toners and a few caught my fancy!

 

Currently, I’m getting about the days toner-less but I know once my normal hormonal cycle kicks in along with the ever abundant sebum, hissy fits and all, I’ll definitely need to start being very thorough with my skincare.  Having a baby has changed my skin somewhat, making it “normal” for once in my life. Right now, I don’t suffer from outbreaks and whatever pimples that do appear, disappear pretty quick. However, going by a few of my pregnant friends who also had well behaved skin during pregnancy, they did have bad acne once their monthly cycle was back in full swing.  I better be ready!

 

First off,

 

BOTANICAL TONER For Dry, Normal and Mature Complexions

by solsticescents

BOTANICAL TONER For Dry, Normal and Mature Complexions - With Witch Hazel, Rose Water, Soothing Lavender and Organic Cucumber Waters, Green Tea, Rose Essential Oil  and More

This Facial Toner definitely grabbed my attention due to it’s pretty packaging and amazing ingredients list. I am a fan of lavender, rose water and green tea extract. This seems like a very soothing and mild toner.

 

Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Rose Water, Lavender Water, Cucumber Water (preserved with silver citrate and citric acid), Organic Green Tea Extract (preserved in Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate), Essential Oils Rose of Palmarosa and Geranium Bourbon, Glycerin

 

 

ACNE GLYCOLIC TONER

by beautyinbalance

ACNE GLYCOLIC TONER - Italian Lemon Peel and Sugar Maple - Clear Skin Facial Toner With Fruit Alpha Hydroxy Acid Exfoliation 

This particular toner consist of Lemon Peel, Sugar Maple, fruit extracts and skin loving essential oils. I like how this toner is geared towards un-clogging the pores and regenerating the skin, unlike other toners which claim to tighten the pores or prep the skin for the next step in your skincare regime. I will definitely have to use sunblock if I am using this product in the day due to the exfoliating effect.

 

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Acer Saccharinum (Organic Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus medica limonum (Organic Lemon) Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Organic Bilberry) Extract, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Organic Cranberry) Extract, Saccharum officinarum (Organic Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus auranium dulcis (Organic Orange) Extract, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, DMAE, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil Polysorbate, Essential Oils, Tetrasodium Edta, Salix nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract

 

Lavender and Aloe Healing Facial Mist

by SpaGoddess

Lavender and Aloe Healing Facial Mist - Organic

Lavender Mist. Enough said. I love lavender anything especially since it is so good for our skin. Out of the 3 toners, I like this packaging the most due to the easy to use spray bottle. It’s more hygienic and can last a longer time. Ingredients wise, the formulation looks pretty straightfoward. There isn’t a ton of ingredients which can be a good thing for ultra sensitive skins.

Spa Goddess seems to be a crowd favourite and going by the feedback, her products really seem to work. 

 

Ingredients: 96% Organic Lavender Mist Tone ,organic aloe, organic lavender hydrosol, organic witchazel, kosher vegetable glycerin, paraben free preservative system, lavender essential oils

 

 

I can’t make up my mind just yet, but when I do, I’ll let  you know and do a review on the selected toner! Any great toners you can’t live without?

 

 

 

The weekend seems so near yet so far… …. sighss

image