Crossing the Blues

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Clearer Skin with Peels

I was surfing online when I stumbled across this website that was selling quite an assortment of DIY home peels. While exchanging emails with a  good friend, it struck me that I had paid a few hundred dollars to get peels done at a fancy clinic and I even had to forgo one session because I discovered that I was pregnant.  So, that’s around 100 bucks down the drain! After stumbling across makeupartistchoice.com, I found their testimonial page pretty impressive with a number of before and after pictures. As I am a true and firm believer of peels for acne scarring, pigmentation and any form of skin irregularities, I found myself itching to buy some stuff! 

Look at this before and after picture. Pretty impressive stuff. I’m pretty tempted to try out the glycolic, TCA and pumpkin scrub from this company. Anyone tried their products before??

Taken From http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/pages/testimonials.html

__________________________________________________________________

On a side note: b.liv from Cellnique was very generous and sent me 3 products to review. Products were aimed at addressing my black\white heads on the nose and occasional spots. I’ve asked and they have mentioned that it is safe to use b.liv products during pregnancy but I’m not too sure about  the spot treatment one which contains Salicylic acid ( which I am trying to avoid). I’m going to try the other 2 products for a month plus and I’ll get back on the results.

OFF WITH THOSE HEADS
Size: 45ml

Main functions: clear blackheads + whiteheads

Off With Those Heads removes white & blackheads without violence or pain, and stops them from appearing ever again. The gel softens the clogging blocking your pores, allowing for effortless extraction and removal of all sores. Its essence ingredients keep oil secretions under control, and skin irritation will never again rule!

 

 SPOTS GOT SHOT
Size: 15ml

Main functions:
blemish & spot therapy + oil control

Spots Got Shot diminishes blemishes from your face, and soothes your aggravated skin to ensure marks leave without a trace. It soaks up excess sebum, to prevent future problems, and removes dead skin cells, to leave you looking vibrant and well.

 

GLOW AND SHINE 

Size: 50ml

Main functions:
exfoliating + pores reducing + brightening

*For sensitive skin with large pores

Glow & Shine deeply exfoliates damaged, scarred or unhealthy skin, to reveal the smooth, flawless complexion lurking within. It also lightens and brightens the dull and uneven-toned face, to make one's inner glow and shine rise to the surface.

*** I am very excited about this product as it contains

Papaya Enzyme (Papain)

exfoliating + skin lightning + softening

It’s only Tuesday! Have a good week!

DSCF0676