Crossing the Blues

Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Beauty Diary at CozyCot HGP & DHC Suncut Q10 SPF50+

Thanks to all beauties who left such  positive words of encouragement in my last post.
To be frank,  I would love to do more FOTD & EOTD but I was always a little hesitant cause I always felt my skills weren’t tat great. I guess practice makes perfect right? Makeup should be about fun, making mistakes and correcting them right! :-)

I’m sure every beauty crazed Singaporean has heard about COZY COT’S Holy Grail Party 2009 due to their intensive advertising efforts. I was really expecting a huge turn up cause big cosmetic brands were sponsoring and you could catch a makeup demonstration and celebrities and what not…
Holy Grail
I also attended this event expecting the attendance of many established  beauty brands and more but there weren’t many booths and the  turn up on the second day wasn’t impressive. I took a grand total of 8 shots  and 2 were kinda blur and pointless so here are the remaining 6…
 
IMG_0057 IMG_0050  IMG_0056IMG_0052  IMG_0054 IMG_0055 
The best booth in the Cozy Cot Holy Grail Thingy was MY BEAUTY DIARY. They were having some promotions for it and this brand was pretty well reviewed by a few of my favourite bloggers… So , I got a pack of three:

My Beauty Diary Face Mask Review:

FROM LEFT:IMG_0082
1)Bulgarian White Rose Mask – For Whitening and Soothing
* I’m saving this mask as part of my giveaway :)
2)Aloe Vera – For Moisturising and Smoothing
3) Black Pearl – Whitening and Nourishing

PROCESS & VERDICT:
I tried the Black Pearl Mask for whitening and Nourishing.
Out of the pack:
IMG_0093
My Diary Mask Time:
IMG_0094IMG_0089
After 40 Minutes:
IMG_0091 IMG_0108
*same lighting and no color correction was done to these pics

HOW IT FELT?
My skin was looking kinda lack lustre and tired today so I decided to slap on the whitening and nourishing black pearl mask.
I loved the smell so much..
Initially, I felt a mild biting sensation all over my face (especially on a blemish spot). When I read the back of the packaging, I noticed they listed Natural Vitamin C extracts such as pineapple, lime, cucumber  and I instantly felt a bit more relieved cause it’s perfectly normal  for Vit C to sting a little  :)
My skin is super sensitive so I have to be careful when it comes to the type of masks I use. Overly nourishing ones spells zits and some whitening ones have given me rashes.. My beauty diary black pearl mask was exeptional!
It  lightened, tightened and even “lifted” my skin. I can’t describe my excitement towards this amazing mask. My skin looked more refined and tight , without any dryness or any reaction!
The lady at the booth informed me that Watson would be selling this brand of mask soon! I’m going to get more and treat my skin to a mask more often, it felt so relaxing :))
I give this 5 stars out of 5 stars!

DHC Suncut Q10 SPF 50+ Review:
http://www.japanmiracle.com/shop/japanmiracle/2061.jpg
How long have I used it:
I’ve been trying the DHC Suncut Q10 SPF 50+ for 2 weeks now and I think it’s pretty safe to give a short review on this baby:
Texture:
It’s a white colored, thin and runny consistency sunblock lotion. If you have ever used a thick, creamy sunblock like me previously, this thin, easy to spread formula would be a welcomed change.
Why I like it:
Spreads like a dream, no clogged pores, no sticky feeling, very little smell, I didn’t get darker after being out in the sun :)
What I didn’t like about it:
My skin took some time to get used to this product. There were no clogged pores but there was some small red zits. I usually get these types from minor irritation. My skin got used to this sunblock only after a week. This sunblock can leave a white cast, so I had to blend it into my skin very well. I’m used to this cause I’ve been using Dr Secrets sunblock that has a strong whitish cast and is very thick in consistency.
I give this 4 stars out of 5 stars!

This week I’ll be posting alot more skincare related entries, it’s been long overdue :P
Okie, can’t wait to hear from u guys on ur favourite masks!
image