Crossing the Blues

Sunday, September 6, 2009

CUT CREASE FOR HOODED EYES & LIESE HAIR DYE

I was contemplating an article on Makeup and Skincare Products that I would be looking out for in Japan but I decided that my trip would be pretty useless if I was just fixed on getting a certain particular brand.

I like to discover new stuff by seeing it first hand and swatching it…. so I’m probably going to show u guys my haul once I get back & I’ll definitely read up on all ur blogs  :)

People with Hooded Eyelids know that having a defined crease can be such a dream and a pain!!  We can put on layer after layer of eyeshadow but it gets covered by the hooded lid and it can get so dang irritating…Not only that, I tried Japanese DOUBLE EYELID GLUE AND I HATE IT!

I was pretty fed up with trying the double eyelid tape and glue and started reading and watching alot of videos on techniques to deal with hooded eyelids and discovered that the CUT CREASE METHOD is really the secret for fustrated Hooded lids like myself.

I may seem to have some sort of double eyelid but in reality they don’t show much and I look more like a monolid. If I really was a monolid I would be happier cause I would have a wider lid space and colors show up really easily.

It’s not that easy to describe this particular cut crease technique so I’ll let the videos do the explaining.. These end looks are really amazing and can be used by virtually anyone!

 

YOU TUBE VIDEOS - Cut Crease Eye Tutorial 

* I like this pink /brown look so much… I intend to replicate something like this for a Pink EOTD! It’s so pretty :)

 

* Dee u mentioned  ApropoMakeup in ur latest entry.. I think she’s really awesome!!

 

*Really Dramatic 3D Cut Crease Tutorial

 

My own version of a cut crease eye. Its definitely not as adventurous as the videos above cause I’m too used to blending alot and I’m really not used to having such defined lines.

I need lots more practice :)

IMG_8471

IMG_8467IMG_8466

Another look with an extremely soft brown accented crease :) I can barely see it.. hahaha

   IMG_8400

IMG_8408

 

Lately, there’s been an invasion of LIESE Japanese Hair Dye in Guardian and Watsons. The packaging is too  pretty and since I am such a Japanese product fanatic, I just had to get it.  I picked out LIESE in MILK TEA

  IMG_8440 IMG_8447

Guess what, the ammonia or whatever chemical it contained really stung my scalp and it was so so pungent smelling. This is one of the worse smelling hair dyes I have ever used in my life and I was totally appalled. I applied only a little section and quickly rinsed it off  because it was stinging pretty bad and the smell was really terrible. I don’t know how to describe it but I’m never touching this again.

It’s back to my trusty old Revlon ColorSilk that looks boring and dated but at least it doesn’t sting my scalp or burn my nose.

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/164744/200.jpg 

IMG_8412  IMG_8636

Mommy bought me a new pair of shoes over the weekend… I love this soft strappy grey heeled shoes :) super comfy and easy to match!

IMG_8375

 

Okay, it’s back to planning the trip!

Untitled-1 copy