Crossing the Blues

Friday, September 4, 2009

Eyeshadow Bases & OLAY’s White Radiance

Hi Guys,  I’ve been a really big fan of creamy eye shadow bases for some time now.  Below are some favourites that I’ve collected over some time :)

 

BECCA CREAM EYESHADOW

An excellent eye base that is perfect for adhering glitter and intensifying eye shadows is the BECCA Creme Eye Color.

I bought mine at Sephora and loved it!

Becca Cosmetics Creme Eye Colour 

CASTLEDEW CHIFFON BASE (WHITE)

IMG_8224

IMG_8220

What is it ?

It’s basically a mousse shadow base that is very soft to the touch and fluffy in texture. It’s meant to act as an eye shadow base to give colors something to latch on to.

Comes in a lovely assortment of colors: Pink, Gold, Silver, Blue and Colorless

Application:

*I use my fingers to spread this all over the lids. It blends so quickly and easily.

*I even tried it as a highlighter along the bridge of my nose with a small fluff brush. With a gentle touch, it highlights well :)

What I like about it?

I use it as an eye shadow base or alone with eyeliner. The fine shimmer is totally wearable, subtle and extremely pretty. Also, I adore the cute packaging. When a product is a no brainer to apply and looks amazing on the skin, there’s very little to complain about.

What I don’t like about it ?

I would like the size of the product to be smaller, cause it takes up a little too much space in my makeup bag, making it bulge.

When used alone, it smudges a little on my lids, especially when I have sunblock or eye cream on.

Price?

16 SGD

 

MINI EYESHADOW BASE COLLECTION

From left, is Etude House creamy eyeshadow base(lovely!), Face Shop White shimmer ( pressed) , Majolica Majorca in Silver and Gold Cream Base and Castledew Chiffon Base :) 

*Becca’s creme eye base is not included in the picture, I’ve blogged about in my earlier entries

IMG_8365

 

OLAY WHITE RADIANCE

In the skincare department, I thought I would touch on OLAY’s WHITE RADIANCE.  As you all  know, I like Olay. They don’t break me out or clog my pores that much and I’ve always been able to use it without any problems. They recently launched a new skin care line for whitening and I’ve been testing it every single time I step into a Watson or Guardian :)

 

OLAY WHITE RADIANCE RANGE:

 

IMG_8431

 IMG_8429

Apparently, Olay takes whitening to the CELLULAR LEVEL. It claims to give a glow and fairness that radiates from within. Whatever this means, having translucent and glowing skin sounds good to me.

IMG_8428

In their comprehensive pamphlet they stated the 3 steps to Cellucent Fairness:

Whitening – Inhibits Melanin transfer to the skin surface

Translucency –Increases skin renewal rate to reveal new skin

Hydration-Locks moisture to give skin that beautiful glow

      IMG_8434 

Cellucent whitening active is a combination of vit b5,provit B5,vit E and Hesperidin(found in citrus fruits and has anti inflammatory effects :)

IMG_8435

PRODUCTS:

1)Cleanser

2)Daily Treatment ( I kinda like the texture of this almost gel like brightening serum)- For whitening, 15 skin layers deep :)

3)Protective Cream SPF 24 PA++ Normal to Dry Skin

Containes Cellucent Active with Vit B3 to penetrate deep into skin and activate cells natural radiance

4)Protective Lotion SPF 24 PA++– Combination to Oily Skin

5)UV Blocker( not too runny in consistency and I intend to try this out when Dr Secrets sunblock runs out- it’s much easier on the pockets)

6)Night Restoring Cream- Vit E, Vit B3,Pro Vit B5,Vitamin P to restore skin radiance and fairness when you sleep…

IMG_8436 IMG_8437

WHITENING AND SOOTHING MASKS- Apparently, they have made it stretchable (i find this a bit weird),  so it sticks to your face contours and delivers all the whitening goodness.

For you mask lovers

http://www.freewebs.com/dulcelindo/OLAY%203%20IN%201%20WHITE%20RADIANCE%20UV%20WHITENING%20CREAM%20SPF19%20100G%20$15.50.JPG

Have a beautiful & relaxed weekend. I look foward to some masking :)

Untitled-1 copy