Crossing the Blues

Monday, September 14, 2009

JAPAN September ‘09 Part 1* Men* & AWARDS

oh gawd.

I’ve been away for a week now and I’m really missing all ur blogs.

I feel like a major laggard cause I’ve been wanting to change my blog skin, music, pictures, had several requests for looks and skin care( yet to post the skincare entry), had several strange request(which I am ignoring) and best of all, received awards ( thank U beauties – DEE & ZOE) & complements.

 

From the sassy & charming Dee Sweetie:

 

From the stylish & creative Zoe Baby:

THANKS :)

Breathe… Breathe…. Okay, I’ve got so much to tell  u guys about JAPAN and SKINCARE and JAPANESE MEN and errr… JAPANESE COSMETICS!!!! hehehe… my brain had a major sensory overload during my 2nd trip to Japan :))

Damn… This 5 day vacation has really slowed me down, in a good way. I had only 2 days of internet( 2.5 hours in total) and my computer totally died on me after that… I walked, shopped, ate and people watch.

It got hectic at times cause of the noise and people but we got away and managed to recuperate at the temples or sit at pretty cafes to people watch.

I’ll try to be as organized as I can with this entry cause my mind is still somewhere in Harajuku and Shibuya and I’m finding it very hard to come up with an organised way of describing my trip:

PLEASE WATCH:

 

GOEMON

[OST JMovie] GOEMON

I watched this on the plane and really regretted not being able to watch it on big screen. Lead actor Yôsuke Eguchi is a real hunky dory and a darn good actor! Having studied Japanese History , I  felt like I was getting a samurai based, fantasy infused, action packed light refresher course ! Alot of critics argue that this film is based very loosely on historical events but who cares, I loved the prettiness and the outfits and the actors!

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/47/68/13/4768132_tml.jpg

Now, I want to watch Casshern cause it was the same director who worked on GOEMON :

http://www.sabaidee.tv/upload/iblock/c73/CASSHERN.jpg

AND KAMUI GAIDEN which stars MR L !

http://reikanorakuen.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kamui.jpg

Now why am I talking about Japanese men so much? Cause they really were the highlight of my trip.

I award Japanese Men with :

1. Best Dressers & Most Fashionable

( more so than the uber handsome and stylish German men, jap guys can carry off just about anything)

2. Best Groomed

(their goatees are impeccable and they look so well kept )

3. Most Slim and Slender

(their small frame and height make them the perfect candidate for skinny jeans /baggy stuff/polished work attire/grunge apparal)

Here are some shots I  tried so hard to take. Alot ended up being blur and I only managed to catch their back or side view.. I think some of them even caught me taking their pics  but who cares, they’ll never see me again and besides I really admire their sense of fashion and their style !! Japanese men are gorgeous and truly resemble those manga and anime characters… …

  IMG_9006 IMG_9246 IMG_9180 IMG_9094 IMG_9247IMG_9256IMG_8901IMG_8924

    There were plenty more stylish cool dudes, u have to see it to know what I mean!!!

Anyways, here’s an overview of a majority of  the cosmetics /skincare/hair stuff /wallets that I bought -

IMG_9335 

My haul is pretty modest cause i spent 1\2 of my budget on home accessories from THE LOFT( AMAZING!!) & FRANC FRANC !

I didn’t buy much cosmetics but invested in more skincare items instead. I was also thinking of buying a coffret dor( very lovely and nicely pigmented colors) or a lunasol palette but decided to keep that money and got clothes instead… I’m on a tight budget… besides I was driving my little sister crazy cause I was obsessed with

 

Matsumoto Kiyoshi    IMG_8758

Ok. I still have photos to sort and will do a detailed breakdown of  the girly stuff I bought. For now I am in love with Super Mild Shampoo by Shiseido.This shampoo feels creamy not oily on my hair. It doesn’t leave any oily residue and I don’t even have to use conditioner cause it makes my hair super soft and smooth. This shampoo has replaced my Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo (Tsubaki formula although moistuising makes my hair a little oily and gives me small zits on my hairline) .

My biggest regret was not buying 10 bottles and lugging it back. ITS the most amazing shampoo I have used in a long long long while. If any of you guys know where I can find this Singapore, pls let me know, otherwise I am going to beg a JAPANESE SWEETHEART to ship it to me ( i will pay for this stuff willingly!!) … I love this shampoo too much now!!

SUPER MILD SHISEIDO SHAMPOO

IMG_9362

okay, I gotta sleep now.. super tired and I’ll be back soon with part 2 detailing my haul :)

IMG_9316 

image