Crossing the Blues

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Falsies 101

I truly believe that a woman can look pretty good with just a few items:

(A)  Concealor

(B)  Circle Lens

(C)  False Eyelashes

(D) Pink Cheeks

I am no fake eyelash Guru but its kinda interesting to know how people have different methods of applying them:)

Here’s the method I always use for false eyelashes:

- Criss Cross Eyelashes give the most natural looking effect. Taking a small scissors, trim both edges to fit the length of ur lashes ( it doesn’t need to be too perfect)

IMG_6555

IMG_6560

- I like to trim the front of my lashes, cause my eyelid space is so small that a full length falsies would look like spider legs crawling up to my brow area… ewww… Nope can do

IMG_6561

-All Trimmed & Ready

IMG_6563

-Glue Time Baby! Use DUO or glue that sometimes comes along in the package(its pretty gd and sticky!)

IMG_6566

-  Fix the gaping hole ( btw natural and fakies) with a curler( I recommend SHU Uemura !)

 IMG_6568 IMG_6570

-Now I use mascara. I’ve watched some vids where they like to curl and apply mascara first to their own lashes and than place the false eyelashes on top, allowing them to reuse their falsies many times. I can’t use this method cause my lashes can’t hold the curl.

IMG_6571 IMG_6573

-Finally, I use my fingers to press both lashes together for a more natural appearance.

IMG_6575 IMG_6576

EOTD - NYX Falsies :

IMG_7446  IMG_7443

Different types of false eyelashes:

Single Lashes 

*For natural looking eyelashes

*nothing too dramatic

*easy to put on

* can be used for bottom lashes( requires trimming)

P-eyeLashFlares-lg

Strip  lashes

* Denser\fuller looking lashes

*adds length to lashes

P-eyeFantLengGlu-lg

Strip Natural Looking  lashes

* Natural Looking

P-eyeFantLengAdh-lg  

Criss Crossed  lashes

* A popular choice for asian girls

* This particular criss cross from shu creates voluminous lashes that are thicker at the roots

*Dramatic

350__1_05568177709.jpg

Great Falsies Websites

1) http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/_us/_en/accessories/false-eyelashes.aspx

2)http://www.cherryculture.com/product.php?productid=16872&cat=348&page=1

 

BAT THOSE EYELASHES BELLA !

CIAO~