Crossing the Blues

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Hair & Mascara Update

First off, I’m really sad that I can’t go shopping that frequently because of work and life commitments. I’m trying to look for a home so Its been a little hectic running here and there and meanwhile, I leave u with my current makeshift home

IN MY MAMA’S HOUSE, SOMEWHERE WITH ALOT OF GREENS & A BUS THAT TAKES 4EVER to come….

 

IMG_5800 IMG_5806 IMG_5797 IMG_5798

 

I was having dinner with the gals a few weeks ago when we got taking about JOSE EBER curling iron. I want to post these pictures for a dear friend of mine who is pretty keen on getting them….

 

JOSE EBER 19mm CURLING IRON

 

PROs:

+Curls are super natural and hold pretty well even without product

+It doesn’t get too hot so you won’t burn ur fingers if u touch the rod accidentally

+Very easy to use

CONs:

-A deflated bank account for financially challenged beings like me

-When I bought this at VIVO city, they were being supported by metal rings, which allowed the curling iron to hang vertically without dropping… …. I don’t think any human has metal rings in their homes to specially hang their hot irons.

In my home, I’m lucky to have some amount of wooden flooring for me to place this curling iron on. Do not place this on laminate flooring cause it can spoil it, in the long run. They should make a metal standing thingy that comes with most curling irons so that we can place it safely on the table without the rod coming into contact with the surface. ya know wat I mean right? Pls shoot me if u don’t.

 

IMG_6048 IMG_6044

 

In the afternoon, it got super super hot , I tied my hair up into 2 pig tails & my hubby called me

 PIPPI LONG

                  STOCKINGS

IMG_6056

 

 

 

 Pippi.film72DPI

Yes, I think I see the semblance. Maybe I’m just PIPI LONG STOCKINGS EVIL TWIN ~!!

Looking at her really cracks me up all the time. Her pigtails and ridiculous orange freckles remind me not to take things so seriously & have a good laugh at myself every once in a while. Ya know ~

Also, I am a mascara addict. I switch Mascaras like a tick.

Lately, I have been going forth between the Colossal Mascara by Maybelline ( grabbed this from changi airport T3) and FASIO mascara ( a bitch to remove)

 

IMG_6077

 IMG_6076IMG_6081

 

VS

 

Picture0004

Picture0005

Picture0008IMG_6186

As far as curl goes, Fasio wins. As far as removal goes Colossal Wins. As far as volume goes, Colossal also wins but I was pretty disappointed in its performance cause of all the rave reviews I’ve been reading. It doesn’t do much for me, so I won’t buy it again. Fasio mascara have great curling and holding power but its like CEMENT on my lashes. My lashes fall out and they are pathetic because of this mascara. TOo bad. I like the curl.

In summary, I am not going to buy either of these mascaras again. Phew… … Now I can invest some cash into the circle lenses that bring me a step closer to huge eyes!!

 

I used my Acer Webcam to take these shots. Pretty Clear if you ask me. If I look oily, its because I was born this way.     :P

Picture0001

 Picture0002

Picture0003 Also, I know this is super late, but there were fireworks on the 4th July outside my home.

. IMG_6142

IMG_6137 IMG_6138 

My favourite food of the moment : Pecan Bun from Swiss Bake @ Holland V

IMG_6165

My favourite dress of the momentIMG_6154

CIAO BELLAS!