Crossing the Blues

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Circle Len, Ulzzang , Work Pictures & ChinaTown

We Girls are the master of illusion. We fake our luscious lashes , our shiny pouty lips ( mega shine lip gloss), our smooth long tresses ( hair extensions), rosy flushed cheeks( amazing blusher) and so on and so forth… …

Deception, clever camouflage and strategic emphasis are what it takes to project outward beauty.

 IMG_6529 

Sometimes, my hubby looks at me and wonders how a girl can have a gazillion brushes, a million eye shadows and a billion lip glosses. Girls don’t like to play with guns and ammunition, we play with weapons of “lethal attraction.”

Lame , lame. But my point will be made clear with a completely un-doctored photo of  me first thing in the morning, before I camouflage, conceal and emphasize!

 IMG_6226

Yes, I look quite gross in the mornings and my nose is looking huge!

After washing my face and applying sunblock,  I was super excited to reach for my newly purchased fresh kon contacts! My eyes didn’t really look any much bigger and I’m feeling a little disappointed. I‘m  thinking of switching to the really popular Geo Circle Lens cause they seem to be the best choice for enlarging the eyes look to create any Jap or Korean Inspired lOok.Sigh……looks like I’ll have to wait for my order to be shipped.. I hate to wait, especially for exciting stuff!

My Journey to bigger eyes with FRESH KON ALLURING EYES – CONTACT LENS in WINSOME BROWN:

 IMG_6220

I bought these contacts from North Point and this is what I got:

IMG_6211IMG_6218

IMG_6217IMG_6219

IMG_6208 

  IMG_6259IMG_6237  IMG_6267

 

 

 

 

 

Not much difference right? I was expecting my eyes to look super Ulzzangish! I just look a bit sweeter and more innocent looking. Otherwise, nothing much has changed with these contacts that were hard as hell to put in.

 

ULZZANG

image 

source:http://www.lovelyish.com/706918713/attempt-to-be-ulzzang-fail/

“Ulzzang” is a Korean word that means "best face", and the term is used to describe people who have become popular for their appearances. The ulzzang craze started in South Korea, where some of the most famous ulzzangs can earn celebrity status.


Many ulzzang wannabes post their pictures on websites, where contests are often held to pick the prettiest faces. While many of these people are natural beauties, many contestants also photoshop their pictures and wear tons of makeup. As a result, some of them do not look anything like their pictures in real life.
Here is a
Link of some before/after ulzzang transformations. As you can tell, the changes are quite obvious. (taken from asianbeautyblog )

 

I was trying my absolute best to make my eyes look huge below, while intensifying it’s darkness and this was the result. My eyes look tini tiny still and I have no idea if this qualifies for ULZZANG, however, I have done my best to put on my

“ best face.” hahaha

If you noticed that my contacts are missing it’s because I was tearing very badly and it was messing up my makeup, so I took them right out. Anyways, I still love my natural eye color, so all’s good :)

I had fun being  a cam whore and putting on my flirty fun lashes so I hope u enjoy the pics  even though I look like a bitch instead of a cute, wide eyed Ulzzang wannabe! I’ll try, try and try again to get my eyes to look like a damn fishball, than I’ll post more pics on me being a Ulzzang Wannabe!

IMG_6549

IMG_6546

IMG_6553

IMG_6545

IMG_6552

IMG_6505

IMG_6532

 

Lately, my makeup has been gravitating towards BLACK. I don’t know if its reflecting my mood but I’m feeling bitchy and very “ don’t mess with me” lately.

  IMG_6434IMG_6422

IMG_6397 

IMG_6174

IMG_6178

WHAT I WORE TO WORK

TODAY

 Picture0011 Picture0023 Picture0019 Picture0020 Picture0022 Picture0015

 Picture0024 Picture0012

 

CHINATOWN DELIGHT

On the subject of beauty, I think flowers are extremely beautiful too. Not the cheesy rose or lily but exotic looking fresh and dried flowers that look like they just flew in from Australia.

My Dearest Friend, Ms E gave me a treat in one of Chinatown’s most popular Boutique Hotel ( The Scarlet ) and the shops next to it are like GEMS.They carry very unique items that made me salivate and want to burst my account. First off was this amazing Flower Shop called POLLEN ( Flower Connoisseur). I bought dried hydrangea and a eucalyptus flower. It was mighty inconvenient lugging it all over the place but I was SO SO SO happy to have found such exquisite looking flowers. 

POLLEN

IMG_6371 

IMG_6367  IMG_6369 IMG_6367

IMG_6388 IMG_6389 IMG_6390

IMG_6391

SCARLET HOTEL

IMG_6350 IMG_6349IMG_6352    IMG_6363IMG_6360 IMG_6365

SHOPS

IMG_6385

IMG_6376 IMG_6381 IMG_6374

IMG_6384

IMG_6375

 IMG_6379

 IMG_6378

I‘ve fallen in love with

Chinatown… …

 

 

I hope u do too.

 Ciao Bellas~~