Crossing the Blues

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hime Gyaru Makeup & Hair Tutorials

I present to you the Hime Gyaru Look :)

13cbdf55a9cdb0_full

 

Here’s my take on this look and I hope you pardon the lack of BLONDE PUFFY HAIR and killer pink cheeks on my part :) heehee

 Himegyaru

The Hime Gyaru look is similar to that of looking like a princess, big blonde wavy hair, big eyes, light brows, soft pink cheeks and pretty dresses…. I love the idea of dressing and acting like a Princess because we are only young once and we ladies deserve to be pampered. With all the stresses put on ladies in present times, it’s only right that we put ourselves first when the time calls for it.

During my short trip to Japan last year, I was captivated by all the Himegyarus on the streets. Their hair was amazing, their dressing unique, their makeup flawless.

The amount of time, money and effort that goes into such careful outward presentation spoke volumes to me. It made me feel guilty about being sloppy!

Lets get into this whole  HIME PRINCESS craze!

Gyaru is a fashion in japan for teenage girls that's all about designer

clothes, para para(a structured dance done to eurobeat and trance music),

and having fun. The girls often tan or dye or bleach their hair but that's not

necessary. There are many  types of gyaru but the one that is becoming

increasingly popular is himegyaru style.

This style is not to become confused with the Japanese lolita fashion who wear poofy skirts and try to be child-like. Hime gyaru is about looking like a young lady who is well off. They wear cocktail dresses in mainly pastel colors with lots of bows. They usually are fair

skinned or don't have very dark tans. Their hair is often light brown or blonde and in a beehive style. The hair is VERY big.
The point of the style is too look fancy and

beautiful like a young woman not an innocent little girl like

lolita.


Here are several links that have pictures or discuss hime:
1)http://www.freewebs.com/galinternational/styledefinition.htm
(a list of gyaru styles)
2)http://community.livejournal.com/himegyaru/
a livejournal community for himegyaru
3)http://www.ricoche.net/forums/index.php
a forum to discuss gyaru fashion
4)http://belle.22web.net/news.php
a resource site for himegyaru
Source:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081023180157AAunAvp

 

For any Himegyaru, wearing BIG PUFFY HAIR is one of the most basic and essential steps.

Below are some videos that have helped me immensely with curling techniques to achieve the HIME look.

 

1a) CURLING HAIR BASICS:

Personally I really really liked this Long wave hair video. I applied the  same technique to my hair and found that my waves were extremely “ curly fries-ish.” This is a pretty useful and effective technique  for Japanese Looks!

In the past, I under estimated the usefulness of a hair curler to achieve volumious hair. If I could redo all my hair purchases, I would get myself a great curler ( Luv Jose Eber), a good hair straightener , hair pins,a backcomb and hair spray.





 

Other Hime Gyaru hair styles: 

1b)Hime Gyaru Hair Tutorial:





1c) Himegyaru [victorian princess] hair

 





 

1d)Tutoriel Coiffure Style Hime gyaru :

This video has got to be the strangest mix of the lot. She’s obviously an asian-ish girl who does tutorial videos in FRENCH on Hime gyaru Inspired hairstyles. The world is one big melting pot. Geez

 





 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

BLOVET’s HIME GYARU LOOK

IMG_6830IMG_6828

 

LET’s  START OUR HIMEGYARU TUTORIAL

 

 

€My Himegyaru Inspiration€ :

IMG_6718

€FACE - SUNBLOCK &  HIMEGAYRU Hair Style€:

IMG_6712

Sometimes I feel absolutely grossed out looking at my naked face. However, one look at these Korean stars with and without makeup brings me a little more comfort, knowing that everyone needs to put in some effort to look good.

Makeup is our friend :)

kk 

€EYES - CIRCLE LENS€

IMG_6717

€ARDELL LASH GROWTH ACCELERATOR€ (STRENGTHEN MY LASHES)

IMG_6720

 

€EYEBROWS€

- Hime eyebrow look is not too thin or thick. Its got to be just right with a medium arch and brows should be a light orangey brown.

-Fill in eyebrows with pencil and apply small short strokes.

IMG_6721

- Using an angled brush and taking a mixture of a light orange and brown color, fill in the brows. Brows should be kept a few shades lighter than your hair color.

IMG_6723 IMG_6724

-Eyebrow Mascara ( Ettusias). A cheaper and equally effective alternative would be to use a light brown mascara and sweep over brows.

IMG_6729

€EYE COLOR€

-A mixture of Pinks and Light Purple was used on my eyes. I touched up a few times at the end of the look, especially when I was trying to put on my falsies. Sometimes, the eye color isn’t as intense as you expected and its really okay to reapply.

IMG_6730

-Blend NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk on top and bottom lid, to act as an eye shadow base

IMG_6726

IMG_6727

-Blend a mixture of pink and purple eyeshadow close to lash line and extend a little over the crease. Asian lids in general are very heavy and we usually have to “ create” our own Crease with a darker eyeshadow color.

IMG_6731

-Blend the Pinkish E\S with ur fingers. This is the method I like to use when I am wearing a creamier base, like NYX Milk Jumbo pencil.

IMG_6735

-Blend a dark blue from the 120 eyeshadow palette on the bottom eyelid. Its okay to be messy here.

IMG_6741 IMG_6743IMG_6744

-Using my new favourite Liner brush from MAC * 266* and any random black gel liner, I once again line the top and bottom lash line.

IMG_6749 IMG_6746  IMG_6747  IMG_6748

-Re- Line my eyes with SANA Extra Heavy Liquid Liner for more intense color ( makeup needs to be exaggerated somewhat for picture)

IMG_6764

-White eyeliner on the bottom water line. An eye widening trick that is used by professionals all the time. I am using MAC Eyeliner in Fascinating.

IMG_6758

 

-Apply an off white eye shadow color to the brow bone areaIMG_6780 IMG_6784

-At this point, I wouldn’t touch up on the eye shadow cause it tends to get a little messy  when I put on the falsies. I prefer to wait till the end to clean off any mistake than layer on more pinkish\purplish eye shadow.

IMG_6777

 

-Apply Mascara. As much as you want.

IMG_6793

-Luscious Lashes x2

Critical for looking like a Princess

IMG_6797

IMG_6801

IMG_6807

 

-Tip* Do re-apply liquid eyeliner to the bottom lash line and smudge slightly for that wide eyed look.IMG_6752 

€LIPS€

-Thick layer of gloss!

IMG_6821

VIOLA BELLAS!

 

IMG_6883

IMG_6912 IMG_6881

 IMG_6851IMG_6847IMG_6849  IMG_6848