Crossing the Blues

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Japanese Inspired Hair Tutorials & Reviews!

I did a previous entry on Japanese Skincare and its all thanks to CherryBombPie, who sparked off this series of Japanese\Korean inspired entries. In this blog entry, I want to share with you guys some of my other Japanese Loves- HAIR!

Ribbons really put a smile on my face and its such a joy to know that we girls can actually make a ribbon with our  very own hair :) BIG RIBBONS are so cool now all thanks to Lady GaGa & Gossip Girl ! 

Here’s what I stubled across on YOUTUBE!

Here’s You Tuber binosusume wonderfully interesting and simple Hair Ribbon tutorial :- ( I enjoy watching her videos immensely even though I have no idea what she’s saying !) 

 





 

binosusume demonstrating how to get the Big Hair Bun look that is so popular in Japan. This girl has amazing hair and makes it look so easy to achieve this bun look. I’ve tried it and its not too bad. Its easier for girls with thick hair though… …

 





 

binosusume makes the whole process of beautifying your nails, so calming and relaxing to watch. I had to include this video because she really inspires me with her artistic nature :)





Here’s another You Tuber Suzit86  cute  and easy to do Japanese Inspired Girly Ponytails tutorial:

 





 

OLAY  Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher

Review

*Experience professional mini-peel results after 10 days.

re1008de

Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher regenerates skin's appearance for a beautifully polished texture and renewed vibrancy - achieve professional mini-peel results after 10 days.

The key to this breakthrough experience is a water-activated, self-heating formula that deeply warms skin to relax pores. The gentle micro-crystal formula then polishes away dry skin cells, revealing newer skin after rinsing. The formula also contains glycolic acid, a key ingredient used in professional mini-peel treatments.

How to use:

Moisten face with water.

Dispense product (about the size of a quarter) onto fingertips and dab onto forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose.

Massage over face, rewetting face 1 to 2 times to extend thermal experience.

Rinse with water.

For best results, use daily at the sink or shower.

We recommend using an Olay product with SPF 15 or higher during the day.

Info from http://www.olay.com/boutique/regenerist/products/re1008

Blovetbeauty Rates: Really good exfoliating product. I would recommend not using it every day as it has warming properties. It’s probably better to use it every other day. The heat is activated by water so you might get a little shock when you first use it, but its real soothing once you get used to the unique warming properties and I’m sure you’ll eventually grow to enjoy the sensation. If your skin can’t tolerate Glycolic Acid, best to give this product a miss. Otherwise, I love how it doesn’t irritate the skin and makes me feel like I’m getting a warm facial. 

Thermal skin polisher is a keeper from Olay & I’ll definitely travel all the way down to Changi Airport Terminal 3 to restock ! I haven’t found it in any regular Watson or Guardian ( W&G) store yet! :Please inform me if u see this around at regular (W&G) stores :)

ETSY – Modhuman

 

Look what I bought from Etsy. 3 Vintage Bags from Modhuman and I am super in love with them.

 IMG_5259

IMG_5257

Everyone loves this doctor’s bag that I purchased from Modhuman .

The zipper was faulty but otherwise its in pretty good condition. The base is sturdy and the shape is super solid. I love it cause I can dump my world into this bag.

Everyone who sees this bag loves it! Thank U MODHUMAN.

IMG_5258

IMG_5392 

IMG_5254

Everyone hates this bag but I think its simple and cute. Easy to chuck money, hp, makeup stuff, small notebook…

 

Pucker Up @ Body Shop

 IMG_5264IMG_5212

I can really pucker my lips. Irritating I know :-)

IMG_5282

Amazing stuff from body shop. Fifi posted some reviews on Body shop products and that kind of made me tempted to go check body shop out. Moreover, the Great Singapore Sale that’s going on right now made it super tempting for me to do some shopping…. so I ended up with amazing lip balms: 2  for $12 + and this orange colored fruity smelling soap, that makes your toilet smell like fruit HEAVEN after a nice hot bath!  I picked up 3 soaps cause they were on offer : Buy  2 to get 1 free… … This orange soap will make you smell so good at a very reasonable price of $4+.

Man oh man. This GSS is doing big time damage to my wallet. I am buying way too many things.

IMG_5275IMG_5276

Really nice off white color . I like this cause its very moisturizing & great base color for nude lipsticks.

IMG_5273

    IMG_5274

 

 

This lip balm color is something I would use on a daily basis. Its really pretty alone, as it has a nice shimmer to it and make my lips look pouty & cute!

 

 

A CARD TO REPRESENT ME?

 

A gift from my sister: she knows me oh so well… …

IMG_5359

 

Coming up : MAC products review : Mineral Makeup: Eyeshadow Palettes


CIAO BELLAS! MUACKS!